The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Government's worst Nightmare

The Government's worst Nightmare

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Paul,

I made a mistake on the Christmas thing and owned up. You made a mistake on the Howard conscription thing and couldn't run away fast enough. I prefer my method.

Foxy, let me try to explain in simple language. I wasn't blaming the government for CAUSING the problem, but I was criticising them for their RESPONSE to the problem. Is the nuance too difficult to follow?

Clearly the government is under enormous pressure. A-G Dreyfus exploded at a journo today who had the temerity to ask if they were going to apologise for endangering the citizenry. When even the compliant media turns on them you know its bad.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 6 December 2023 4:07:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze,

Surely Gung-Ho Johnny wouldn't wait to be conscripted to go off and fight the dreaded Vietcong! Between the years 1960-1975 Little Johnny could have enlisted and done his duty for Queen and Country, at anytime! But like that other LIBERAL PARTY coward 'Pig Iron' Bob Menzies, Howard failed to enlist, pissed off to London instead!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 December 2023 6:19:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

You said he avoided conscription. I proved he didn't. You pissed off rather than own up. I prefer my method.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 6 December 2023 8:19:46 PM
Thanks mhaze for the thread. Kudos.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 7 December 2023 12:04:05 AM
I understand that mhaze is as he claims - only
criticizing the government's response to the
High Court order. Their "chicken" response as he
puts it. And he's not criticizing the government
at all - merely their "chicken" response. It's all
a matter of semantics. Got it.
Government's "chicken" response - bad.
Government not bad.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 December 2023 5:33:00 AM
No blame heaped on here.

A government going by the law - is doing a "chicken"
response. Got it.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 December 2023 5:37:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy