The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australian Technology drives Solar Cell Breakthrough

Australian Technology drives Solar Cell Breakthrough

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Indyvidual

- green diesel fuel has been around for a long time but usually on an individual or small scale.

The technology works, it's acutely quite simple but it limited by available and cost efficient inputs.

If this changes in the future then it can only be a good thing.

As people and companies invest their minds, time and money into technological improvements and innovations the world we live in will be a better place.

Just look at the example of these young Australian scientists and their new solar cell.

If it were up to the luddites on this forum we would still be living in caves.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Wednesday, 8 November 2023 7:21:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for that ttbn. Breakthrough is a tad overused these days. I'm still waiting for the 80% efficiency quantum dot solar cells touted as a breakthrough some years back.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 8 November 2023 7:22:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello Fester,

My advice is to not wait and get involved with the latest commercially available energy supply options.

I haven't updated my almost 11 year old energy system and it still works just fine.

It isn't as efficient as what is available now but that's the good fortune for those who are buying now.

When I do upgrade I expect there will be a number of innovations to boost performance - all due to human ingenuity.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Wednesday, 8 November 2023 7:37:37 AM
WTF?

ttbn says: "Fortescue Dumps Vast WA Wind, Solar Farm Project."

I'm not sure ttbn understands how a laissez-faire capitalistic economy works.

On the same day Fortescue moves away from that project The Australian Manufacturing Forum announces that the WA Government has reached an agreement with a different company for eight GW green hydrogen production facility powered by wind and solar near Carnarvon.

These are business decisions and Fortescue is looking elsewhere.

In the month of October alone Fortescue has make investments in green technologies in Norway, Brazil, England and the U.S.

Global inflation is effecting many business opportunities and supply chain issues for offshore wind generation is no exception.

Fortescue is not moving away from green technologies it sees opportunities elsewhere - this is how our economy works.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Wednesday, 8 November 2023 8:14:19 AM
There were crippling losses for investors in wind and electric vehicles for the past quarter. These losses have now extended to solar. While US stocks were up by 15% generally, solar stocks slumped by 40%.

For domestic solar panel users in the US, subsidies have been slashed by 75%, and it will now take 10 years for the panels to pay for themselves. As for wind, America's largest wind farm developer has just decided to abandon two of its intended projects.

The latest Fortescue cop-out might be the start of Australia cottoning on to the lessons from overseas, although with the nincompoop Bowen running the show, and Albanese never in the country, that might not happen
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 8 November 2023 9:49:06 AM
WTF?

ttbn says: "might be the start of Australia cottoning on to the lessons from overseas"

Well the lessons we can learn in Australia are that the AEMO which sets the energy markets states:
"Renewables push NEM electricity prices down to historical levels."

Now if they are advertising and publishing this and it was not the case then the retail energy companies would be letting us know in no uncertain terms.
Posted by WTF? - Not Again, Wednesday, 8 November 2023 10:20:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy