The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Trial by media

Trial by media

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Again, we have trial by media of a devout Christian Woman and MP Moira Deeming who is a member of her presbyterian Church, because she addressed a rally supporting woman's only spaces and sports. the accusation is she associates with neo-Nazis.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 27 March 2023 9:47:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus

It's not the media so much as the idiotic, wet Liberal leader in Victoria who wants to expel her from the party. To my way of thinking, he would be doing her a favour. Moira Deeming is one of the conservatives Australia badly needs if it is to survive as a democracy. Both major parties are absolute rubbish.

Political candidates are rarely chosen on merit, but for loyalty to some often faceless party boss, some factional power broker.

The internal workings of the two major parties are ruled by factions; decision making is done by a very few. About 50 people (unless there is a 'captain's pick) decide who will represent an electorate of 100,000 or more people in the major parties .

The Australian population has to vote for candidates who they know nothing about. They just vote for a brand of politics. Candidates don't have to impress the electorate: they just have to win the right to wear the brand party brand on election day.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 27 March 2023 11:00:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A commentator, Timothy Coote, did lump together the media and the political class together in their eagerness to "parade their stupidity" in this matter.

Coote identified the first bunch of intruders into the peaceful discussion on women's rights - the transgender mob - obvious, with "their low growls and unladylike appearance" as the first to attack REAL women's rights and freedom of speech.

Then along came the wannabe Nazis, who actually physically intimidated the women speakers, who had no connection at all with either the Nazis or the blokes posing as females.

Three more disparate groups could not be imagined but, somehow, the media idiots decided the REAL women and Moira Deeming were in with the scruffy looking Nazi clowns.

One of the REAL women speakers was a left-wing Jew!

But, who expects the mainstream media to get anything right? So, the real stupidity lies with the Victorian Liberal leader and political riffraff.

The Greens to start with. "I’m disgusted by the anti-trans rally in Melbourne yesterday, protected by their allies: saluting neo-Nazis". (Adam Band). There was no "anti-trans rally"; it was a pro-real women rally.

Dictator Dan, who said of the peaceful rally for REAL women that it was a "nasty, hateful event, long before anyone offered up the Nazi salute".

When it comes to unthinking judging and condemning, the mainstream media and Australian politicians are in it together; and it is often hard to pick which is the dog and which is the tail.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 27 March 2023 1:20:39 PM
ttbn, it was the media that made an issue of the fact neo-Nazi turned up at the rally where she was speaking. Of course, it was Daniel Andrews that stated the women's rally itself was a despicable act because he supports LGBTQRST activists. These were the things the Media reported on, not the women's safe places and women's sport.
The liberal Party have fallen under the spell of "all inclusive" except if you hold to Christian values and believe a man cannot be a woman.

Quote "The Liberal Party has handed a nine-month suspension over Moira Deeming involvement with a controversial rally. Victorian Liberal Leader John Pesutto had sought to have her expelled from the party room following the event earlier this month.

The Nazi salutes by a group of men sparked widespread outrage and prompted Attorney-General Jaclyn Symes to announce plans to introduce legislation to ban the gesture.

Mr Pesutto said Ms Deeming's position in the party room had become "untenable" and moved to expel her, citing her promotion of the protest "at which there were speakers with known links to neo-Nazis".

Ms Deeming initially defended her participation in the rally, which she and other attendees said had been gate-crashed by the men who performed the salute.

"The new material she supplied this morning opened the doorway to a sensible proposal that I put to the party room that saw her accept the nine months [suspension], losing the party whip position as well," he said.

"Given Moira had provided what I had been seeking and recognised why it was important to do that," he said.

"This is part of a change in culture that I want to secure for our party. "We are committed to being a welcoming, engaging and inclusive party, there for all no matter what your background."

"Everything I said last week I can proudly stand by because she condemned the conduct which prompted the motion I brought, she's accepted there must be a serious consequence for not having done that earlier."
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 27 March 2023 1:58:26 PM
I think the Nazis are a protest everything group, perhaps available
on hire. I hope someone has their faces on computer so when they turn
out next time they can be unveiled.
That the Liberal leader can be so easily hoodwinked is a worry for
the party. He appears to lack perception and jumps to conclusions.

If in fact they really are Nazis then obviously their aim is cause
disruption amongst others. You have had a demonstration, don't fall
for it next time.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 27 March 2023 5:05:13 PM
Lie down with dogs and you get fleas! Ms Deeming has been liked with Neo-Nazi's in the past, during her stint on Menton Council. Before the State election, then Victorian Opposition leader Matthew Guy was forced to defend the pre-selection of Ms Deeming as an Upper Candidate.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 27 March 2023 7:08:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy