The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do Public Servants and Politicians Live in the Real World ?

Do Public Servants and Politicians Live in the Real World ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Preliminary work on a windfarm off the coast of New Jersey USA has resulted in the deaths of 7 humpback whales in one month.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 January 2023 1:55:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The $35 billion plan - into which went $14 million taxpayer dollars- dreamt up by Forrest and Canon-Brookes is kaput. This brainstorm was to send solar power 4,200 kms to Singapore. But, it's not. It won't be part of Boof Bowen's Powering the Region fantasy.

Boof's fantasies are a lot more dangerous and lunatic than "throwaway lines"; especially when his raving involves $420 billions worth of doing crazy things.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 January 2023 2:09:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shonky Dear Boy,

Give us a link, then I can "investigate" for myself. In my wife's lingo a "meme" is not something you want to share with others. you do it alone in the wharepaku. This 'Australian" isn't it a part of the Murdoch Gutter Press, never to be believed with its fake news, and downright lies! Anyway she's one of yours, not one of ours.

Again you lie!

"LEOPOLD of Anhalt-Dessau, known as 'Old Snoutnose', set psalms to march tunes and devised the 54 movements of Prussian drill, including the ceremonial march-past with unbent leg that came to be known as the goose-step." YOUR DEAR OLD UNCLE SNOUTNOSE no less! What do you say to that?

Just when we were becoming forum pals once more, you start calling me names, do you have no shame?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 January 2023 2:17:44 PM
Don’t vote.

It only encourages the idiots.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 16 January 2023 2:30:00 PM
The Old Nasty likes to beat up a story when it suits him.

"Over the weekend, a 30-foot humpback whale washed ashore in Atlantic City, its cause of death unknown. It was the third dead whale to appear on the Jersey Shore since December — fanning the flames of protestors who say wind farms are killing marine life."....."Though the effects of electromagnetic fields on marine life are not well studied, their (whales) deaths likely were caused by other factors."..."necropsy results are pending".... 'Philly Voice'. Jan 10th 2023.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 January 2023 2:44:32 PM
ttbn,

Injuries to some of the dead wales off NJ suggest it was collisions with ships that killed them. It's too early to say if the preparatory works for wind farms was a contributory factor in any of their deaths.

As for Sun Cable, there seems to be a disagreement between MCB and ATF over whether a cable all the way to Singapore would be economically viable. I very much doubt it: I think Singapore could get the same results more cheaply with nuclear power. It doesn't make sense to use batteries to shape output to baseload to fit it through the cable and then to shape it again at the other end.

But though (IMO) an ultra long undersea electricity cable from Darwin to Singapore doesn't make sense, shorter cables do. I expect Sun Cable will eventually be a big part of that, supplying Indonesia (and possibly Timor Leste) rather than Singapore.
________________________________________________________________________________

Paul,
I think you're conflating posters. I've made the same mistake in the past.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 16 January 2023 7:25:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy