The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do Public Servants and Politicians Live in the Real World ?

Do Public Servants and Politicians Live in the Real World ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Paul

You are even sillier when you try to be serious. You are now passing off what a supposedly knowledgeable Minister is assuring us will happen as a 'throw away line', which makes all your Green hysteria bullshite as well. You are an extremely illogical, wishy washy wacko.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 16 January 2023 9:38:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Continued, sorry limited by max post size,

At least one bus per site will be needed to get workers to the site.
workers to the site. If two shifts a day are worked then twice as many men will be needed.

Next a team of electricians will be need to check the operation of the panels and their connections.

Oh I forgot before all this can be done the site has to be cleared and levelled. Then thousands of mounting frames will have to be made, galvanised, transported to the site the site and concreted into place, no small task on its own.
While all this is going on the substation will have to be built and the power line constructed to the nearest point of the grid.

As well as all this activity wind turbines will have to be installed at a rate of completion of three every day.
As large amounts of cement will be needed every day at remote sites I cannot calculate how many cement trucks would be needed.
Probably a cement plant would be installed at each site and the cement, gravel etc brought in by truck if enough water is available on site.

Significant earth moving machinery would be needed for each site to prepare for turbines ever day depending on how many turbines have to be completed for each site each day.

Do you think the Public Service took all this into account when telling the minister that 22,000 solar panels a day and 90 wind turbines a month are needed ?

I don’t think they have a clue !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 16 January 2023 10:02:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfortunately I had to wait until the first post was approved and as I
do not get notifications it had to wait till this morning before I could post the rest.
As it is a couple of days since I fist started to write this it means
that another 44,000 panels will have to be added to the number to be
installed before 2030.
Can you see why this whole project is in La La Land !
It seems that nowhere in the planning is there an engineer with
experience in organising major projects of this nature.
If I, with only experience in very small projects, with one small team,
can see the impossible task for 8 years then there is no hope for a
reliable electrical system.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 16 January 2023 10:18:45 AM
No ttbn, Paul for once is right, it was just a throw away line to
make himself look good and look as though it is all go.
Have any contracts been let ?
If the installation rate is far below the delivery rate of the panels
and turbines a very large warehouse will have to be built or rented.
22,000 panels a day for 8 years is 64,240,000 panels at 500 watts is
32.12 Megawatts ! That cannot be right. Where have I gone wrong !
22,000 x 365 = 8,030,000 million panels a year.
8,030,000 x 8 years = 64,240,000 panels installed in 8 years.
64,240,000 x 500 watts = 32,120,000 watts or 32.12 Megawatts !
only while the sun shines.
It is total BS and shows Boofhead Bowen never does simple arithmetic
to check what he is told. It is not just a throw away line it is a
positive lie to deceive us that something is being done.
The calculation result has to be 32 gigawatts to be realistic.
The installation rate of panels has to be 22,000,000 panels a day to
turn Bowen's lie into truth.
Where have I gone wrong ? it is easy to drop a few zeros on calculators.
I have always said many people have no idea of the scale of power
generation and anyone speaking out should be taken on a tour of a
large coal fired power station.
These people "Really are STUPID !"
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 16 January 2023 11:03:51 AM
Hi Bazz,

Politicians use that kind of aspirational speak all of the time, rather than a commitment to an objective, they choose to use statements of fact or a desire as a mask for their own lack of commitment.

Who can forget Hawke's aspirational statement in 1987; "By 1990, no Australian child will be living in poverty." By the use of the word will rather than should Hawke made an aspiration into an election promise, he never intended to follow through with that, as he had no concrete plan to meet the objective, but then during election campaigns promises win votes, aspirations don't.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 16 January 2023 12:12:10 PM
Bazz, do you you live in the real world?
I ask because this thread makes it look like you're living in some bazaar Soviet fantasy where the government dictates where everything will go and how it will get there!
In reality the government doesn't know and doesn't need to know. The private sector will organise it all, and will probably do so more efficiently then central planning could.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 16 January 2023 12:12:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy