The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Copenhagen: the script for a disaster movie > Comments

Copenhagen: the script for a disaster movie : Comments

By Don Allan, published 4/1/2010

Post Copenhagen, our notoriously shy and retiring Prime Minister Kevin Rudd is noticeable by his absence.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Excellent article.
Posted by Leigh, Monday, 4 January 2010 2:43:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A breath of fresh air Don. No doubt the Canberra times or ABC won't want to know you.
Posted by runner, Monday, 4 January 2010 3:23:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So the author respects all those scientists. He just disagrees with them. And the author's expertise in global warming is? Why not try self-diagnosis for all your health problems as well? I mean i'm sure you know more than your doctor.
Posted by Shalmaneser, Monday, 4 January 2010 5:31:10 PM
Don,

I think you've said all that needs be said about the recent warming alarmism.

I think the recent climate events of a broken drought across Australia, record blizzards and the coldest winters in a long time in Asia, Europe and America also lend support to your view.

You have wonderful and grand spirit.

Robust people don't listen to the small-minded trying to pull you down?
Posted by keith, Monday, 4 January 2010 5:53:21 PM
You do realise the global warming alarmists will come out of the woodwork now. However Don I cannot agree with you more and the more we find out about the deal that was to be done in Copenhagen, the more I cannot find any reason to believe anything Kevin Rudd can put forward about an ETS, global warming or for that matter anything meaningful. It all went pear shaped in Copenhagen and thank goodness.

What has this man done for this country since coming to office. Almost every promise has not been fulfilled apart from dismanlting Work Choices and Julia Gillard did that. All the important matters effecting this country, health/hospitals, transport, power, water infrastructure have all been put aside so that he could travel overseas for most of his time in office.

More money to Indonesia to help them meet their Kyoto obligation! They give away 2 billion every year to other countries and for a country this size I wonder how any government can justify that.

At least Howard didn't sign Kyoto, Rudd did though, he counldn't wait.

Ironically he didn't even read the protocol that was put up in Copenhagen. He simply wanted to sign our lies away. It is becoming clear there will be a very interesting federal election coming up. That's after we in NSW get rid of the self serving State Government. It cannot come soon enough.

Signing our country off to overseas interests without openly telling the people of this country what it was really all about (tax) is something Rudd cannot get away from. The UN overlords would have been given the power to over-ride our constitution. It was shameful but could still happen if Kevin Rudd gets his way.
Posted by RaeBee, Monday, 4 January 2010 6:15:37 PM
Another dishonest shill for the fascists.

Where to start with this fool. Ill ignore your comments on ruddy etc cause that is to be expected. I hope hes had a good holiday because he has a lot of work to do.

Your (non)reference to past scares does not show anything. Even if all past scares where wrong it has absolutely no bearing on the current crisis and its validity. Learn some logic mate.
Your (again) unreferenced/unexplained assertions that past scares could have deprived us of technology and progress are nothing more than your own imaginings and have very little to support them. But it is a good device to edge into your real idiocy in the next few paragraphs.

Now youre a soothsayer and future teller. Sorry mate your violation of history in previous paragraphs doesnt fill me with confidence on your future predicting ability. Since we are going on about the past may I remind you of the statement "nuclear will make electricity too cheap to meter". What do you have to say about that "fantastic" prediction made many years ago by fools not unlike you? Still think we should listen to you about "fusion etc"?

Having said that let me go further and say that if, in times past, the armies that followed previous supporters of nuclear had won we would have had how many Three Mile Islands and Chernobyls by now. Possibly even in Australia.

(continued)
Posted by mikk, Monday, 4 January 2010 6:43:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy