The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When old men kill their children > Comments

When old men kill their children : Comments

By Philip Machanick, published 9/12/2009

The climate change denial movement are 'inactivists': people who cling to the notion that any change is bad.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Bugsy, and what i want is for you to google "Global Dimming" review all that science, the TV docos, including the one that ran on 4Corners several years ago. Or is that what "climategate" is all about.

"Please explain" how those scientists got it wrong, or didn't. Why are economists saying the most likely outcome of an ETS is more corrupt trading of fake securities like "carbon default swaps"? Are they wrong too? How does any of this loony left BS, have anything to do with replacing electric hot water systems, with solar?
Posted by Formersnag, Thursday, 17 December 2009 6:53:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Bugsy could you let me have the reference of his papers and I will be pleased to do my own work. I am still unsure of what you are saying anyway apart from Jones was wrong.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 17 December 2009 8:48:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was struck by this comment from 'themissus'.
"Old men are the best men, young men are dangerous. Old men do not go to war. Young men do. Who is smarter?"
It's true old men don't fight and die on the front line. They just cause and declare the wars, and let children die in their stead.
The defensive and righteously indignant posts from so many clearly 'older' people tend to reinforce the notion that many people would rather cause -or at least allow- pain and misery for others rather than admit they may have been part of the problem.
Overpopulation is undeniably an issue in regard to global warming, but not nearly as much as first world waste and overconsumption, consumerism, planned obsolescence, fashion fetishes and all the other absurdities that make up modern 'civilisation'.
I believe we have been heading in the wrong direction since the end of WW2, when the military industrial complex was redirected into creating consumerist 'wealth'; making shopping the new social paradigm.
Do we have to wait for the navigators to die, before we choose a new heading?
Sadly, it seems we have taught our children too well. The current generation of homemakers appear more inclined to go into more debt for the sake of the Jones's, than even we were.
Posted by Grim, Thursday, 17 December 2009 1:21:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bugsy, Inigo Jones was published widely, regularly in the Albury "Border Morning Mail" among others. Rural producers and their communities read and knew of his forecasts, some even subscribing to his forecasting services. Lennox Walker RIP was taken under his wing and his son Haydon Walker follows in his fathers footsteps! For your information Busgsy, Inigo Jones RIP forecasts were not for the sole use or non use of government.
Posted by Dallas, Thursday, 17 December 2009 4:07:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy