The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A call for citizen climate action > Comments

A call for citizen climate action : Comments

By Mark Diesendorf, published 18/9/2009

Community groups pushing for climate action are a bunch of bright flowers in the desert of government inaction and spin.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The sceptics trot out all the same, tired old myths again and again and again. What on earth do they get out of insulting the thousands of climate scientists and literally dozens of peer-reviewed scientific organisations that back the science? We know what Co2 does at a level of basic physics. We can see the evidence before our eyes. All the crap delusional side-shows the denialist freaks cast our way have been answered, repeatedly.

This New Scientist article links the top myths, including "no warming for 10 years" and "climate always changes naturally, how do we know" etc.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11462

What possible motivation do dozens of independent scientific organisations, the oldest and most reputable of them to boot, have from inventing this? Who is running this worldwide conspiracy? Have any of you actually met practising climatologists and gone through their labs, trying to understand exactly why they call global warming a totally settled issue (on the core basics at least)? How is it they missed the basic theories that you guys swallow, like it all being down to solar forcings? (Do you really think the dozens of independent scientific organisations forgot to look at the SUN as a forcing! Wow! That's how much you guys have thought it through hey?)

It's a total waste of time trying to engage you all. Just go ahead and make Ian Plimer rich by buying his crap.

While you're at it, buy lots of Anusol, as I hear those alien probes hurt! Believing in denialist conspiracy theories places you in the same conspiracy theory mindset as there being aliens at Area 51, who also in on the Moon landing being faked, and even assassinated JFK! ;-)
Posted by Eclipse Now, Tuesday, 22 September 2009 8:54:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
EN - thanks for reinforcing that, that's the kind of rant we expect from true believers. Eco/Enviro religious guilt does that to some people, it's sad really.

Leave this to people genuinely interested in options and who have not suspended reason or logic - CO2 was declared the culprit "because there was deemed to be something affecting climate, and that seemed an obvious candidate" there is no proof. That's the point of the skeptics and all the models predicted that temperature would track CO2 levels, which they seem not to be doing.

There seems to be a lot of scientists who also are skeptics, so it's not just a bunch of "freaks", Plimer is but one of them, but go ahead and fixate, it gives you something to focus your anger at.

I used to believe, but too many things just don't add up, now I'm approaching atheism on this subject.

But why do I bother, you'll insult any heretic who dares not to believe exactly what you do.
Posted by rpg, Thursday, 24 September 2009 7:42:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Without a hint of embarrassment one of the IP whazits has said they expect another decade of global cooling? Well what the! With all the nonsense we have been subjected to and the fact it is a really perilous position we are in and the planet is/was going to heat up until we die to this?
First "global warming" is changed to "climate change" and now apparently we are not going to be warming?
You dolts wonder why we are skeptical? We are not skeptical this nonsense is perpetrated by people making money out of this, I hesitate to use the word, science or the fools who are deluded by them. There is a good case to reduce waste and clean up the air we breathe but this is a gigantic con which will see massive tax changes. The only redeeming feature is that when people make changes the consequences are sometimes not what they expected. I relish watching this nonsense unfold and the media who have been such staunch supporters of this scam turn on the perpetrators and devour them.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 24 September 2009 8:01:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RPG: Plimer is publishing half-truths from a certain point of view that he just KNOWS are not true! He's after the money. He's on a mining board, and so is motivated by selfish gain to protect his own industry. And he once made money debunking creationism, found he liked the debunking mode of writing, and now has turned on a scientific enterprise he has scant knowledge of, CLIMATE! (He's a geologist didn't you know?)

JBowyer has bought another of the climate myths, the lie that the last decade was busy cooling, when in fact it had 12 of the 13 hottest years on record. Nice one Bowyer! I guess when all the glaciers are gone it will be down to those aliens again? ;-)
Posted by Eclipse Now, Thursday, 24 September 2009 8:50:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
EN .. even for you this is going too far ..

"If it ISN'T in the basic physics, what kind of completely paranoid and mental conspiracy theory do you believe in? Better get that Anusol ready.... those aliens are coming to probe you."

That's truly abuse, I will no longer bother with you or your posts, your extremism shows you to be unable to cope with other people's opinions, get help.
Posted by rpg, Thursday, 24 September 2009 9:52:55 AM
Eclipse now, someone is lying here! You say that 12 of the last 13 years have been the hottest when Dr. Mojib Latif of the IPPC says we have had stable temperatures and it will probably cool for the next decade.Is it hotter or not that's what Fielding asked and was told his question was wrong. Australia has not been hotting up and you people are lying to aid a massive tax grab on the ordinary people of Australia. The only fear I have is that you will be parading around saying you have saved the planet from an unreal problem that you invented when the climate stays the same, i.e. changing.
All the abuse you try and heap on people detracts from you rather than them you ignorant, rude fool!
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 24 September 2009 10:54:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy