The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Googling s*x > Comments

Googling s*x : Comments

By Abigail Bray, published 24/8/2009

The (im)possibility of censoring online child s*xual abuse material.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Jenny E

Once again it is a work of fiction.

There is no link between the website and the incidents you have mentioned. In fact you have effect preceding cause by almost a decade.

The whole “argument”, for want of a better word, put forward by Dr Bray and the other panic merchants here is exactly the same as the argument used by some fringe groups claiming that “Harry Potter” promotes Demon Worship. Both Dr Bray's followers and the Anti Potter Groups have been repeatedly told that it is a work of fiction, both choose to ignore this fact. Both Dr Bray's followers and the Anti Potter Groups have been repeatedly told that there is no evidence to support their claims, both groups ignore this fact and refuse to produce any evidence. Both Dr Bray's followers and the Anti Potter Groups have been repeatedly told that their so called solutions represent little more than Censorship imposed on the whole community to appease a small minority who think their biased, evidenceless, opinions are more important than the freedom of the whole community.

Before now I have had no real interest in the type of rape material found on the website, but following the display of bias, contempt for evidence and Academic methods, combined with willful disregard for the freedoms of others I have found here, I think I will force myself to view some of this sort of this material. You don't seem to want to listen to reasoned argument, so the only course open is to support your opposition, however disgusting they may be.
Posted by The Womp, Monday, 31 August 2009 5:09:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"but following the display of bias, contempt for evidence and Academic methods, combined with willful disregard for the freedoms of others I have found here, I think I will force myself to view some of this sort of this material." - I get what you are saying but I just can't go there when dealing with homophobes, when dealing with the ant-abortion crowd etc and a variety of other groups who oppose things I either can't or won't do but in which I support the rights of others.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 31 August 2009 5:56:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy