The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On understanding Muslims > Comments

On understanding Muslims : Comments

By Teuku Zulfikar, published 15/6/2009

The media often misrepresent the true nature of Islam and Muslims, holding them responsible for the crimes of a minority.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All
CJ Morgan,

That's a cheap shot you’re making at Glorfindel. Because the Muslims themselves don’t seem to be doing much self reflection, someone has to remark. I just see their ideology, like any other negative ideology such as Communism, Nazism which has killed thousands and millions. Any perpetrators of inane human commands and misogynistic conduct must meet their critics. It’s not because they’re Muslim, it is because of their totalitarian ideology, and which is particularly misogynistic. Making fun of Glorfindel is such empty narcissistic moralising. Are you a misogynist? In some way you can compare it to the current financial crisis where no-one bothered to criticise their practices before it was too late. Glorfindel is only reacting as a decent human being with humane intentions and defending and projecting her (or his – I don’t know what sex he or she is) own freedom inherited by Western Christian civilisation. How can you make fun of someone with reasonable concerns. As is the term Islamophobia , a misnomer, because phobia means irrational/ abnormal. Even Waleed Aly has said this – I tell you Muslims are full of contradictions.
And that is why I look to the “Ex-Muslims”. Where we are continually garbaged within our own inane PC Western world, they are threatened with death and most of them are forced to go incognito, which I too am forced to do so. I just do not tolerate the intolerant , as simple as that.

I recommend you a good book about honour crimes by Jasvinder Sanghera called “Daughters of Shame” all of which PC Britain condones. Not to mention FGM.
Posted by Constance, Saturday, 11 July 2009 12:31:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stormbay,
“The belief in god is psychologically destructive, a refuge for all the evil despots of the world and the excuse they use to continue terrorising the planet in the name of their mythical god.”

Hello! How many did Stalin murder again? Pol Pot? Hitler? Mao Tse -tung?

With all the selfless charity work done by Christians throughout the world, especially Catholic nuns, even in Muslim countries that go unseen. You have no idea do you?

Tell me who the Christians are currently terrorising? I’ve missed something.

Glorfindel,

Yes, I’ve read or heard her comments about the Jews et al. It’s all true. Another person who has been outspoken on Islam, is the British author, Martin Amis. As he said, speaking as a writer, he is not speaking as a politician. He is just saying it as it is, in his own intellectual sincerity. He phrased terrorism as something worse, “horribleism” – something like that.
Posted by Constance, Saturday, 11 July 2009 12:33:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy