The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Macedonia: it's not just the name > Comments

Macedonia: it's not just the name : Comments

By Aristide Caratzas, published 23/1/2009

There are good reasons why the Greeks cannot easily accept the name of Macedonia for the former Yugoslav Republic.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Aaaah... watch and learn.

Welcome to 'MultiCulturalism'....Greek/Macedonian style.

So... the issue is 'history around 400-500 years bc ?' and.. also 'more recent events'

*big wry smile*

Hmmmmm... "Jews/Arabs and Palestine/Israel" gee...

Here's a thought.. all of you.. Macedonians and Greeks.. nick off back to where you came from or.. become "AUSTRALIANS".
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 23 January 2009 4:36:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz_David
Become "AUSTRALIANS" Like you? being bigoted against Muslims whose existence dates back 1400 years is better how?
“People in glass houses…” ring any bells?
“Splinter in your neighbour’s eye first remove the mote in yours ” perhaps?
Perhaps you should have your overactive (toxic) bile glands attended to.
Again in your haste to sew hatred you missed the point
Posted by examinator, Friday, 23 January 2009 5:55:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Exammy.... I don't parade my English/Scottish background around like these Macedonian and Greek dills are.. I don't scream and yell about the evil English and the dispossesion of ancestral land...but I COULD...

The thing is..I'm "Australian" not English..nor Scottish.

People can choose to embrace or tolerate Islam...or not. Some choose to expose it's vile nature and core.. you can call that bigotry if you like. I'll wear that as a badge of pride! Oh.. you did hear the latest "Cleric"'s pronouncements right? straight from the Quran... "beat your wife.. take her for sex when you want it.. and you (Aussies) are drunken scum addicted to prostitutes".

I've been to that Mosque... (upper story above shops) they have a punching bag in the middle.

Failure by our PM and some others to see that what Hamza said is exactly as the Quran says, is nothing other than a declaration of ignorance and the sallow tepid welcoming of Yasser Solomons blatant 'spin and propoganda' is almost beyond belief..except that I realize your knowledge of Islams doctrines/teachings/beliefs/principles is at about the level of pre-school....so ur forgiven.

PS.. nothing official about me banned..so..when time allows I'll say my piece.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 23 January 2009 9:33:21 PM
A very good article.
Well written, documented, and clear of Skopjan/FYROMIAN fog.

Whoever disagrees with it should read it again and let it sink in, point after point.

It's the shiny truth.

Of course, I do not expect all to understand it.
Some have been brainwashed with lies for to long to accept the simple historical truth, and the complexity of the matter...
Posted by Boriss, Saturday, 24 January 2009 2:31:03 AM
We are talking about membership of NATO here aren't we?

The same NATO that includes Germany, the country that went to war twice in the first half of the twentieth century, including in 1914-1918 being an ally of Turkey, that arch enemy of Greece? And in 1939-1945 invading and occupying Greece?

So it is okay for Greece to accept Germany as an ally in NATO, and Italy as well, another country that invaded Greece in WW2?

And NATO and Turkey are both part of NATO, in spite of continuing frictions that have lead to the only example of NATO member states coming to blows.

But Macedonia, of course it cannot join NATO. Even is the 'crimes' against Greece were as bad as those stated in the article it is clear that these have nothing to do with Greece vetoing Macedonia.

It is all about the name, otherwise Greece would never have joined a NATO containing Germany, Italy and Turkey.

To those in Greece who don't like Macedonia: Build a bridge and get over it!
Posted by Hamlet, Saturday, 24 January 2009 9:34:39 PM
BORRIS... it's not about the article ... it's about the whole background which the article refers to..and how IRRELEVANT that is to Australia.

The article might contain some truth..but that truth has NOTHING to do with Australia. It has to do with petty ethnic squabbles on a level of the Bosnians and Serbs throwing chairs at each other A-GAIN at the Tennis.

We couldn't give a tuppeny damn about Greek Macedonian historical squabbles... they are just racist ..yes.. RACIST..and each one thinks their 'race' is better or more entitled to this or that than the other.

So.. to all Greek and Macedonian 'racists'.....get out.. go back.. shoo.. leave.. don't be here.. we don't want or need your petty ethnic squabbles.

What possible goal could their be for posting articles on an AUSTRALIAN forum supporting one or the other side of something which has zero impact on us? It's just racism in action... bigotry.... race hate... cultural arrogance.. race pride...

Leave it at customs if you come to this place boys... or don't come.
And on the off chance you were 'born' here.. don't teach those squabbles to your children and create ethnic ghettos among yourselves.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 25 January 2009 8:06:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy