The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Disaster of Israel's making > Comments

Disaster of Israel's making : Comments

By Sonja Karkar, published 12/11/2008

A peace effort in the Middle East has been 15 years in the undoing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Keith, if you read the Murdoch Humanities, surely you don't hangout in our progressive West?

Though the crops are pretty good this year, could say most of the dollars are coming from what us old cockies used to call quarry economics and pitstock politics.

Though could say Kerry Stokes who now just about owns our our only newspaper, is the only one different to billionaire Forrest, who certainly wins making money out of holes in the ground.

Finally, really surprised to learn that you admire Bush, especially as he's uttered nary a word during Obama's easy win in the election.

Personally, I never backed Bush, anyhow, even well before he attacked Iraq. Would certainly like to know more about the reason for your admiration?

Regards, BB, Buntine, WA.
Posted by bushbred, Friday, 14 November 2008 5:41:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For all youse hoping the black knight in very dull armour is going to put things right in the ME need to consider the three sobering facts:

1) The first thing Obama does even BEFORE the elections was to appoint Widen as his running mate and we all know that Joe has a public record of hardline anti-palestinian prejudice. He hates them.

2) A woman of Indian extractuion, Ms Sonal, is far too close as a confidant to Obama.Who is she ? She belongs to the VJP a fascist right wing pollie whose party is guilty of massacring Christians and Muslims and the outcaste converts to Christianity in many states in India. She does not inspire me with any confidence that her advice will be ameliorating on ANY ethnic policies.

3) And as for Rahm Emmanuel...well,everyone knows he has a grand record for hardline anti-Palistinian policies and activities having fought them in Palestine before coming to USA. He is unforgiving. Recently whilst discussing these problems in the ME at a cafe with colleagues he stabbed at the table 3 times shouting "Death ,death, death"
Scraes the hell out of me.

How many more closet anti-Palestinians and neo-fascists are there in the Democratic armory?
Does this thread worry any one ...even a teensy weensy bit? IT SHOULD

socratease
Posted by socratease, Friday, 14 November 2008 9:05:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So typical...can't you people see anything else than your own tribal nonsense?

The writer blames Israel. It means one of two things (because I've analysed all the arguments for and against and know that Israel does everything it can to promote peace.

It even lets Hamastan (who was voted in by a racist, genocidal Palestinian public - the nonsense that it was a protest vote can go to hell - we all seen them cheering on 9/11, and whenever Arab racists launch cowardly rockets at women and kids - and no, when Israel kills Hamas filth, the reason their kids and multiple wives and mistresses cop it is because they are so weak and uncivilised they want their women and kids there as shields! And the Israeli military has actually avoided killing some targets when there have been too many kids and wives around, that is sooo wrong!)

I actually think even the marches with green Hamas (Nazi) flags should be carpet bombed. Well, actually, given that Israel is the only democratic nation (and by democracy i don't mean mob rule like Hamastan where minorities like Christians are treated like animals - as they are anywhere in Muslim dominated places, even Merrylands and Auburn here - where shopkeepers have been run out of town due to this filth) in the region - where even Palestinians flee to when they kill each other. Why not flee to Egypt? No dole there.

Israel angers Arabs because it is a success story when all they've done with the money we've given them (we developed the oil anyway, they're tribal and no nothing since Islam came - their civilisation went downhill in 7th century).

Arabs are jealous, bitter, aparthied states whose people are largely racist, misogynistic, Jew-hating, western-hating, bigots.

The militaries of the west should force them to live like us. They want to anyway, judging by the numbers who flee such tribal backward dumps for the superior, civilised west anyway.
Posted by Benjam1n, Sunday, 16 November 2008 7:49:03 AM
aaah Pericles... a number of serious weaknesses in your last post.

1/ You claim 'a number of views' on Johanine authorship. But you fail to recognize the 'predominant' view which existed until 1790.. and only after which.. (due to the rise of form criticism/documentary hypothesis and it's associated presuppositions) did it become seriously challenged.

2/ There is a very strong traditional view.. and a very flimsy highly speculative opposing view. As I said.. when the Jurors have made their decision.. the parents of the offender will often still say "But he is innocent"

Your hypocrisy on a study of Surah 9 is only exceeded by your diligence in attacking Christianity.

No..it's not about 'me' though to read the personal attacks from some, one might think so.

Your apathy about the "War Surah" is matched by your pedantic, and systematic reseach into things which raise questions about anything supporting Christianity.

If you did study Surah 9, and see not what MY views on it are, but

a) What it actually says ..
b) What respected Muslim commentators say about it....

We probably wouldn't be having so many squabbles.

BENJAMIN (Netanyahu?) says:

"Israel angers Arabs because it is a success story"

Possibly Ben, but it goes much deeper than that mate. (IMHO)
It is theological. The claim that the land is now an "Islamic" waqf that is the source of the intense hatred among supporters of Hamas, the PLO might have more secular views.

Then there is the history.. the Temple mount, Jerusalem.. etc
If it was just a question of 'land'...then the Palestinians would accept an equivalent in other places..but we know what they would say to that...don't we?
Posted by Polycarp, Sunday, 16 November 2008 9:01:00 AM
ben used'Hamastan'

wiki says hamastan;..is a neologism,

merging'Hamas',a Palestinian militant organization and political party,and'-stan',a Persian suffix meaning"home of/place of".

The term emerged during the days of Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip in 2005,'suggestive'of Hamas'Islamist ideology and political ties with Iran.

Since 2007,the term has been used to refer to its 2007 victory in Gaza over Fatah in the inter-Palestinian conflict

In Arabic the word"Hamas"translates roughly to"enthusiasm,zeal, élan,or fighting spirit"

In Hebrew,the cognate term,hamas,literally means"To pillage, to corrupt"
(Old Testament,Job,Verse 15:33),

indicating a coincidental linguistic symmetry to the views of Palestinians and Israelis on the organization

i feel your post reflects this double speak as well
[remembering israel means wars with god]

The word Islam means"submission",or the total surrender of oneself to God
An adherent of Islam is known as a Muslim,meaning "one who submits [to God]"
The word Muslim is the participle of the same verb of which Islam is the infinitive

if only we could understsand each other[eh]

i understand your words clearly

<<.at women and kids-and no,when Israel kills Hamas filth,

the reason their kids and multiple wives and mistresses cop it is because they are so weak and uncivilised

they want their women and kids there as shields!And the Israeli military has actually avoided killing'some'targets

when there have been too many kids and wives around,that is
sooo wrong!)

I actually think even the marches with green Hamas(Nazi)flags should be carpet bombed.

..Israel is the only democratic nation(and by democracy i don't mean mob rule like Hamastan..>>

yeah i get it[your words are very clear]

demon-autocratic?
wars on god,upon those accepting it as gods will,using cluster bombs
peace eh benjamin
Meaning:Son of my right hand

the hand that is on the right side,or the side opposite that where the heart is.

dont you know gods throne is in our heart?

The superstition isas follows:"If the palm of your right hand is itchy,it fortells that money is coming to you,but don't scratch it as that stops the money from coming!

If it's your left palm that is itchy,then scratch away,as that means that you'll soon be paying money.
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 16 November 2008 9:53:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is a simple reason for this, Boaz.

>>Your apathy about the "War Surah" is matched by your pedantic, and systematic reseach into things which raise questions about anything supporting Christianity.<<

Your methodology is to claim for yourself the right to judge the scriptures of others, on the basis that your scripture is somehow infallible.

I have always questioned this right, and will continue to do so.

All that I am doing here is asking the questions that you have never have the courage to ask yourself.

Prime amongst these is "How can I be so sure?"

Of course, you are perfectly entitled to maintain this certainty at a personal level, that your interpretation of both the Bible and the Qur'an are both correct and irrefutable. It is, after all only faith, not logic, that maintains this belief, and since it is faith that provides you with your defence against fear and doubt, it would be cruel to take this away.

However, instead of keeping it to yourself, you choose to proclaim it's infallibility to the rest of the world. Not satisfied with that, you then insist that since you are right, everyone else must be wrong. And in the process, you have decided that Muslims are evil, and bent upon destroying our civilization.

So, as part of my objections to your whack-a-mozzie activities, I find it necessary to point out that there are other views apart from your own. Which you so often find impossible to understand, let alone accept.

Once again, it is not Christianity that I object to, nor the fact that you choose to be a Christian.

It is simply that every time you claim for yourself or your religion some kind of privileged status that you do not deserve, I will question it.

Since you clearly never do.

>>There is a very strong traditional view.. and a very flimsy highly speculative opposing view.<<

As I said before, the "strong traditional view" was held for the same length of time as the belief that the sun revolved around the earth.

Many people would find this significant.
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 16 November 2008 10:29:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy