The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Another perspective on evil > Comments

Another perspective on evil : Comments

By David Fisher, published 22/10/2008

The concept of Original Sin has its roots in paganism not monotheism. The nature of evil is not connected with Original Sin.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
I object to one under god bringing my name into the criticism of Priscillian. Priscillian has criticized material I posted with humour and without attacking me as a person.

I have no complaints against Priscillian and enjoyed Priscillian’s post. If we are not free to criticize each other’s ideas, style and manner of expression there isn’t much point in the forum.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 25 October 2008 10:04:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Polycarp,

Matthew 8:16 When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.

Do you believe in demons?

If not then you would be disagreeing with the Bible.
Posted by david f, Sunday, 26 October 2008 11:41:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
sorry david [about the collateral damage?]

any how 'P' said quote ;>>'shouldn't a Christian like you behave a little more in line with the teachings of Jesus..the god of love? How about a little cheek turning?' <<

never said im a xtian [PLEASE dont assUme]

plus jesus ISNT god [see me see my father means the same as why you call me good [god is the only good]the son CANNOT BE the father.

jesus was REborn into spirit [as we ALL get reborn when we die]
jesus proved we are all born again

further he AS human [born of woman] said;' that ye see me do YOU will do greater'

so far your flaming trollinng is revealing itself to be systematicly and pettilly fraud

i turn the other cheek ,by ignoring the further flaws you may chose to reveal [hope you are gaining another perspective on vile/evil/veil/live][and how the foolish confound the wise[in their own eyes]

a revelation on evil must include the removal of a plank FROM our OWN eyes [before attempting to remove a speck from an others] who claiming the plank? could be him who rebuts comment with insult [worse insult 'wins'?]

cheers bro in time you may do more good [we can see some using EVEN the unborn to explain their deficencies away][i fail to see how laying guilt trips on woman [ie by condeming them [not the abortion] helps end this insanity that has seen 50 MILLION americans die scince 1970 ,its murder condoned by the state [but name calling is still of no use [a right cant be fixed by a wrong]

cheers
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 26 October 2008 3:22:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
under one god
Please accept my abject apologies for assuming you were a Christian.
I can now see that I was mistaken is this assumption.

This is all of your post I could understand. Your use of grammar, strange spelling, liberal use of the square parentheses and unrelated snippets of eclectic theological terms render most of your attempt at communication unfathomable to me.

I do, however, wish you all the best in your theological endeavors and I assure you that I will offer no more commentary on them.
Posted by Priscillian, Sunday, 26 October 2008 4:54:00 PM
Thank you Mr Fisher.

I still remember my last trip to Sunday school and my complete rejection of the bewildering concept of original sin. Told my mother I wasn't going to attend Sunday school again.

Decades later I can count my trips to church on two hands.
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Tuesday, 28 October 2008 5:16:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy