The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The case for decriminalising abortion is not so simple > Comments

The case for decriminalising abortion is not so simple : Comments

By David Palmer, published 4/7/2008

There is an ever expanding database of women having an abortion and paying a terrible cost.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. All
CJ, there is great value in the opportunity not just to exchange useful information but also the numerous opportunities for a laugh. I'm still having some great chuckles thinking about some of the tee-shirts shown on the Utube video Fractelle linked to.

HRS, you keep refering to favourite family types. Mine - one where people have respect for one another. Where the adults pull their weight, giving and accepting in their place. Where roles are not defined by gender nor necessarily by ability but by best fit for the needs of the family.

I happen to be in a single parent family at the moment, that does not make it a favourite type, rather a better alternative than rushing into something that may be worse. Kids are involved and rush decisions do them harm if it goes wrong. Single parent families are not the best, it's just they are better than a home with disharmony.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 28 July 2008 6:33:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Timkins: << Did you hear the one about... blah blah whine whine >>

Don't give up your day job, Timmy. You're actually much more amusing when you're not trying to be funny.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 28 July 2008 7:39:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Celivia,
If you can’t understand the joke, ask C. J Morgan.

Robert,
I would think that there is always some type of disharmony occurring in any family, and the belief that there could be a perfect family is an unobtainable belief.

However the family type where there is not only the greatest levels of child abuse, but also the greatest levels of poverty, depression, STD’s, run away children, teenage pregnancy etc would make one somewhat reluctant to enter into that type of family.

The decriminalization of abortion leads the way for certain individuals to start encouraging women to have abortions. That is the next step I would presume.
Posted by HRS, Tuesday, 29 July 2008 12:35:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. 23
  9. Page 24
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy