The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gordon Ramsay's worst recipes > Comments

Gordon Ramsay's worst recipes : Comments

By Louise Staley, published 27/6/2008

The problem with Gordon Ramsay isn't his swearing. It's his hypocrisy.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
It's not often I agree with the IPA but in this instance, I do. Gordon Ramsay should stick to what he does best - TV shows - and leave policy to those that understand how the world works and take the time and effort to work through the implications.
Posted by Legendjoau, Friday, 27 June 2008 9:48:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear what a rant. The problem with righty free market freedom-o-philes is that they are quite happy to allow freedom of chioce as long as it is THEIR choice that we all choose. Heaven forbid that we should actually choose a straberry that tastes like a strawberry. One of the problems with the unregulated industrial-style agriculture that this author proposes is that it has a propensity to turn topsoil into sand. And this author has her head stuck square in the middle of it. Yes we need to feed the world, but frankly I would rather have democratically elected representatives regulate that than unelected corporations. These are also bureaucracies and one which enforce a form of regulation through market dominance and anti-competitive practices. Me thinks the IPA needs to slow down and smell the peaches.
Posted by inapickle, Friday, 27 June 2008 3:44:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes but what's your POINT?
Posted by bennie, Friday, 27 June 2008 4:49:04 PM
Swearing lost it's impact decades ago.Only the stupid,lazy and ignorant use it constantly to express emotion.Swearing used to have a place in effective language,now it is just the language of the impotent,lazy,spoilt brats.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 28 June 2008 7:43:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Arjay. Ramsay is boring and predictable with a very limited vocabulary. And very little cooking seems to actually go on in that show. Give me Iron Chef any day.

Even worse, it feeds into the bully-boy mentalty for viewers. They just love to see Ramsay humiliate some tyro chef and they love to see the victim squirm. I have a better idea for this program. Ramsay teaches Barry Hall and Nick D'Arcy how to run a restaurant. Either Ramsay would keep his big mouth shut or he'd lose his front teeth. A win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.
Posted by DavidJS, Saturday, 28 June 2008 10:32:56 PM
Of-course it's a communist conspiracy.They do some deep thinking down at the Institute of Public Affairs.
Posted by ocm, Monday, 30 June 2008 1:18:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy