The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Boys and guns > Comments

Boys and guns : Comments

By Peter West, published 11/1/2008

A new report from the UK might encourage a move back to single-sex learning, even within a coeducational school.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Annoyed parent. We didn't expect special treatment. When we complained it was because a teacher (who didn't like gifted children) actively bullied our daughter in ways that caused our daughter to suffer a severe depression, which attacked her immune system and made her sick.

Our children had been educationally neglected for years and we said nothing as we understood the limitations of the public school system, but the teacher crossed the line so we complained, privately about the teachers actions, and publicly about the neglect of the education of gifted children. That was in the Year 2000 and that is when our eldest son first sat for opportunity class and was first targeted, and it didn't stop. All our four children have been targeted and impacted by the same persons year after year despite formal allegations made against them. Do you think that is fair?

We didn't want special treatment when applying for selective schools. We just wanted our children's applications to be processed like everybody else but instead their applications were tampered with and changed; test scores manipulated and lies presented to the Selection Committees and Appeals panels. Had our children missed out on a place fairly then there wouldn't have been a complaint.

Four of my children have been targeted. The complaint given to those we allege are responsible who have just spun a lie and closed the complaints without any investigation despite the allegations involving children and have continued to be PERMITTED to target the children. They will not even 'look at' new fresh complaints even if involves the other children and even if it comes with evidence that clearly supports our allegations. We are being bullied, victimised, viliifed and targeted and there is a conspiracy to cover up.

This has been going on for 7 yeas. We made our complaints after the event not before.

Public servants should not be above the law and be allowed to have control of the Law and law-abiding citizens should be able to access justice so as to protect the children. We want fair treatment, not special treatment.
Posted by Jolanda, Sunday, 20 January 2008 10:02:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda,

how was your daughter actively bullied by a teacher?
Posted by Annoyed Parent, Sunday, 20 January 2008 10:43:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Annoyed parent. I really do not have the time to go into the matter but if you go to these old links you will get an idea of what happened in the early days.

http://jolandachallita.typepad.com/education/2005/11/history_of_comp.html

http://jolandachallita.typepad.com/education/2006/04/katies_first_ye.html

http://jolandachallita.typepad.com/education/2006/04/katies_first_ye_1.html

During the years there were also issues with my eldest son's education and his treatment by some teachers. Allegations were also made of bullying by teachers that was ignored. Teacher kept humiliating my son in class.

It was my eldest son's OC marks that was targeted first in the year 2000 during the time I was having the issues with my daughter and making complaints. He was in the year above from his sister. I can imagine if a parent is making complaints about the education of gifted children and at that point having to deal with specific issues in relation to the younger one, it certainly would confirm the mothers situation if the older one was successful for opportunity Class. My son has a measured IQ on two different tests of between 150 and 155. He is an obvious gifted child.

Eldest son's applications targeted and victimised in 2000, eldest daughter in 2001, eldest son and daughter both targeted and victimised in 2002, eldest son marks/applications targeted by the SSU in 2003 and also bullied by his school in 2003, eldest daughter's marks targeted in 2003 and also systematically bullied at school. YOungest daughter's targeted and victimised in 2004 and 2006. Youngest son targeted in 2007. Juts to name a few as during this time there were all sorts of attitudes against my children and they paid the price.
Posted by Jolanda, Sunday, 20 January 2008 12:16:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda, one solution.

New school, then stop interfering. Don't draw so much attention to it.

Then, if the problem continues, you know it's not an issue.

As far as the gifted side goes, well then, they're going to do well in school, and all will be fine. The additional social skills they learn in a standard school will serve them well in future.

The only problem here, is if you're utterly insistent they be in a gifted school, or if problems continue, in which case you know it's not an issue of unreasnable discrimination, because you've started with a clean slate.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Sunday, 20 January 2008 3:59:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda,

All you are saying is allegations, here say. you werent even there were you. Please be specific, if you havent got time. just list two times your daughter was actively bullied.
Posted by Annoyed Parent, Sunday, 20 January 2008 6:55:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy