The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia’s multicultural society works! > Comments

Australia’s multicultural society works! : Comments

By Kevin Rennie, published 30/10/2007

The Prime Minister doesn’t seem to know or understand the real stories of migrants in this country.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
Great article, but I am wondering why Mr Howard wants people born overseas to be more Australian yet won't make those people from the former British Isles learn to speak proper Australian.

The Scots,Irish and most places outside of London except the east end and cockneys are all unable to speak Australian ( don't start me on the NZ ) and yet we allow them to come here and live without becoming Australians or learning the language. These people refuse to become Australian, vote or serve in our armed forces and have created gheto's for their kind which are no go zones of Australians. The only difference between them and other refugees is that they have come here for economic reasons and not political. I think they should all be deported unless they become Australian and learn our language.
Posted by Yindin, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 10:50:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Re the last paragraph, what is somewhat ironic is that the Sudanese migrant community is for the most part Christian - certainly the dozen or so I know are all church-goers. Yet this community has failed the famous Andrews taste test. A good article, Kevin. I'm just waiting for that professional white lizz-the-yank to weigh in and tell us all why you are wrong!
Posted by mike-servethepeople, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 12:44:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ummm Yindin....... you’re an idiot!!
Posted by EasyTimes, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 12:46:04 PM
Well at least Kevin Rennie has actually had some real experience with non-white immigrants, unlike most of lefties who applaud mass immigration from the safety of their white enclaves in the wealthy, inner suburbs. I applaud him for that, at least.

I have lived all over Sydney, the best parts near the beach and the worst parts of the southwest. My own impression is that our ``multicultural society'' does NOT work. In a city as geographically large as Sydney there isn't much obvious racial friction simply because of the fact that people of different cultures and races don't mix that much. Given the choice, most people, whatever their background, choose to associate with their own kind. The richer the area the more obvious it is. The Balmain basketweavers can sing the praises of "multiculturalism'' as much as they want but their actions speak louder than words and they have created one of the whitest enclaves in Sydney because that's the way they like it (they like the ethnic restaurants, just not the ethnics).

If we were all crowded in together like they are in London, the Cronulla riots would be an annual event.

The most "multicultural" areas of Sydney are the most unattractive, crime-ridden and socially dysfunctional. The best places are the most homogenous. That's really all you need to know when evaluating the legacy of this failed social experiment.
Posted by grn, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 3:44:03 PM
Thank you Kevin-

you are so right -that Howard and his cronies just " don't get it".

Kevin Andrews- is lead by John Howard and Howard is the LEADER whose record is clearly and righteously xenophobic -

John Howard as everyone knows is small-minded and excruciatingly ignorant-he approves Andrews stance and probably doesn't understand what the problem is -just doesn't get it.
Posted by mu, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 3:44:29 PM
The Cronulla riot was set up and fuelled by fabulous Alan Jones etc and one eyed attitudes such as your own- you just don't get it
Posted by mu, Tuesday, 30 October 2007 3:51:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy