The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Children are blessings, be they good or ill > Comments

Children are blessings, be they good or ill : Comments

By Leslie Cannold, published 4/10/2007

The challenge of parenthood is not just to accept the unpredictability of the experience, but to revel in it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Billy C
“It is only thanks to the feminists for changing gender roles that fathers now participate as much as they do their children”

Off hand, I can not remember any feminist ever saying anything positive about fathers. At present I can not remember this author saying anything positive about fathers, and I can not remember any other feminist ever saying anything positive about fathers.

Fathers have had to fight tooth and nail to get any type of reform of the abhorrent and totally gender biased family law system, and have been continuously opposed by feminists with their rhetoric of “women and their children”

If anything the litigation of the doctor may put another nail into the coffin of the IVF industry, which has become an anti-father industry that takes money from the tax payer’s pocket and deposits it into the pockets of those who run IVF clinics
Posted by HRS, Friday, 5 October 2007 2:26:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HRS, sounds like you have come out of a nasty marriage! Most "feminists" have a high opinion of fathers. Extreme feminists perhaps not. I class myself as a feminist, given that I support equality of opportunity for both men and women, and its taken the feminist movement with all its up and downs to come close to achieving that ideal (well, in a lot of ways we are stil far from it). I have a very high opinion of fathers and the role that they can play (and SHOULD play). Most women are the same when you scratch the surface and get past the day to day frustrations that they have with managing a marriage/children/career (and I suspect that most men are the same - everyday annoyances aside most would have a healthy respect for the role of mothers).

As for fathers haivng to fight hard for recognition in the family law system, may I respectfully suggest that much of the ingrained attitude in family law actually comes from centuries old men's views on the role of the wife and mother (eg primary carer). Some women may now play on it, but please do most of us the respect of acknowledging where the problem came from in the first place
Posted by Country Gal, Friday, 5 October 2007 4:05:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Country Gal,
The litigation could be a form of poetic justice.

The IVF industry tries to entice naïve young males to donate sperm, while knowing that the donor could be sued for child support at anytime. But while the IVF industry uses males as a supply source, the IVF industry also shows minimal interest in males or in fatherhood.

I have looked through submissions into a number of enquiries that have involved fathers in recent times, and not one submission has come from the IVF industry. A number of conferences into fatherhood have also been held in recent years, with no support or interest shown by the IVF industry.

So males are simply a source of sperm to the IVF industry, and this is a form of harvesting.

The IVF industry is well supported by many feminists, as IVF is a part of the cult of feminism. Abortion is also a part of the cult of feminism, but you will rarely hear a feminist speak of adoption, as adoption is not a part of the cult.

Fatherhood is also not a part of the cult of feminism with its “women and their children” cult chanting.

I have seen whole books written by feminists about raising children that did not mention fathers anywhere in the book. I also rarely hear a feminist mention fatherhood (except to denigrate fathers in some way). This article does not mention fathers, and the vast majority of articles written by feminists do not mention fathers

So “women and their children”, IVF and abortion are all part of the cult of feminism, while adoption and fatherhood are not a part of the cult.
Posted by HRS, Saturday, 6 October 2007 10:59:43 AM
HRS I really think you need a 'chill pill' or 4! The way you're spouting hate filled messages against women is not indicative of mental stability!

I agree that there are SOME mothers who do abuse the premise that a child has a right to know both parents; but the greatest majority do not.

I agree that there are SOME fathers who do not abuse the child's right to know both parents; but a larger percentage of fathers do by deliberately 'hiding' income to avoid child support.

And before you start whining again, an investigation into the financial affairs of just 100 fathers found that ONLY 4 were adhering to CSA assessed child support.

Men have always had more rights than women throughout history so what is your problem with the premise that the 2 sexes should be regarded equal? Not one superior to the other as has always been the case!

Try opening your eyes and ears to the reality of the situation instead of bleating like a toddler!

Try fleeing an abusive marriage to protect yourself and the child from an abusive spouse ....

Try living as a disabled single parent finacially anorexic because the disabled child is still emotionally and economically abused by the father.....

The family disolved because HE couldn't accept that rape, hitting, verbal filth, intimidation and threats are not acceptable behaviour.

Try coping with contact handovers where a howling and clutching toddler is ripped out of your arms, even though you have deperately tried to prepare and comfort the child prior to the visit...

Because Dad continues his systematic abuse through the child as payback...

Try growing up not knowing either of your parents, yet still truly believing that your child SHOULD have that right.
Posted by wearyMum, Saturday, 6 October 2007 1:48:58 PM
Weary Mum
Your post has very little to do with the topic, and is very abusive.

Eg “you need a 'chill pill' or 4!”, “not indicative of mental stability!”, “bleating like a toddler!” and so on.

The concept that only men are abusive is a propaganda myth.

But the case of the lesbian couple also highlights a form of abuse. The couple had sperm from a Danish donor, so the ability of now 2 children to ever contact their natural father is very remote.

If a father took a child from its natural mother and the child had very little chance of ever contacting their natural mother, then this would be regarded as a form of child abuse.

But in this case (and there are others that are similar) both children now have very little chance of ever contacting their natural father.

This is also a form of child abuse, but no mention of this has been made in this article, and I have never seen it written in any other feminist literature also.

Feminists and IVF clinics appear to be very supportive of harvesting males for sperm, but have minimal interest in males or fathers afterwards.

You have denigrated fathers (which is very common or fashionable), and I have tolerated your high levels of personalised abuse, but if you carry out further abuse, I will be recommending your posts for deletion.
Posted by HRS, Saturday, 6 October 2007 2:45:51 PM
When a village is commissioned to conceive and raise her child, no feminist worth her image would excuse anyone, least of all her local witch doctor or his IVF clinic from their village responsibilities.

Unfortunately, this strategy has a downside – village idiots can be assigned rights while clearly incapable of responsibility.
Posted by Seeker, Sunday, 7 October 2007 5:06:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All