The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestinian terror and Israeli nobility > Comments

Palestinian terror and Israeli nobility : Comments

By Antony Loewenstein, published 24/8/2007

Today, it is perhaps not Australian Jews but the Palestinian victims of an illegal, brutal military occupation that deserve sympathy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All
It is always the aim of mankind to ethnically cleanse the other tribe if they begin to feel they are territorially threatened in any way.
The Jews want the Palestinians gone and the Palestinians want the Jews gone.

The same feelings existed in Germany between the Jews and the Germans
the problem has just been shifted to Palestine.
Yes the British established a Jewish state in Palestine after World War 2. That was to punish the Arabs for collaborating with the Germans.
Regardless of how the Jews got there this is a deadly territorial dog fight to the death between the Palestinians and the Jews.
Both sides don't really have anywhere else to call home.
Posted by sharkfin, Friday, 24 August 2007 11:44:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sharkfin, the Jews all have somewhere else to be, that is the whole point. Only 39% of the world's jews even bother to live in Israel because they simply don't want to leave the 100 other countries they are in.

42% of all jews in the world live in the US. The Palestinians on the other hand have not come from Russia, the US, Europe and all over with right of "return" to a country they had never been to.

The whole notion is an absurdity.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 24 August 2007 11:59:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do think Israel is in trouble. I know this might seem like a strange thing to say, as others have pointed out the balance between Israeli and Arab forces have never been so lopsided. But Israel is not defended by nukes and Merkava tanks, it is protected by international opinion. Or should I say the 'International Community', which means America and its vassals. Israel is a modern Western State, fully integrated into the global community; it is very vulnerable economically. The stronger Israel's military dominance becomes, the harder it is to play the struggling 'democracy' in a sea of hate. Their strength is their weakness.

People have brought up Israel 'giving back' Gaza as signs of Israel's good intentions. And others have rightly said that all Israel has done is get their people out of land they didn't want, with the intention of turning it into an open-air prison. One of Israel's many fears is that poor Palestinians are breeding at a faster rate, and to maintain both the illusion of democracy, and their actual goal of building a racist Jewish state, they needed to move some Arabs out of their area of responsibility. But it was politically painful to uproot those radical settlers from Gaza, it also set a dangerous precedent for the possible future withdraw from the West Bank. They did not get out of Gaza just to be nice, they were forced to counter growing international opinion against the Occupation. The Gaza withdraw exposed Israel's weakness, as did their crushing defeat by Hezbollah. Their absolute lack of political leadership is another example of the real situation. America would not be squandering its own treasure in Iraq, Lebanon, and Iran in the future, to protect Israel if it were not much worse than we know.

Dear Palestinians, it is always darkest before the dawn. Hold on for just a few more years.
Posted by Earthrise, Saturday, 25 August 2007 12:39:41 AM
Marylin,

More than 70% of the population in Jordan identify themselves as palestinians, so according to your logic Jordan is where they should call home, however ironically enough no one in israel is seriously considering deporting the palestinias to Jordan
Posted by yazoo, Saturday, 25 August 2007 12:53:15 AM
Like others before me, I have been careful to make myself a small target for anti-semetic attacks, believing as I genuinely do that race and religion are but false flags in the larger struggle for power and profit. And who needs the aggro?

The Globalists (filthy rich, stop-at-nothing criminals) come in all hues, all shapes. They conceal themselves in the very foundations of polite civilisation. But the most shameless and cowardly use the people of Israel for their human shields.

So many global criminals hide under the skirts of Zionism, which in it's turn hides under the skirts of Judaism, which in it's turn still shelters under the crimes of the Nazis. With so many layers of the onion to peel, it's no wonder we end up with smelly fingers and teary eyes.

But even that system is not perfect. It is only necessary to realise that successive Zionist Israeli governments handed their mantle of "poor and oppressed masses" over to the Palestinians long ago.

Ergo the Palestinians are today's Jews.

- so don't flinch or feel guilty when sticking up for them. It's exactly what we might have done in the 1930's.
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Saturday, 25 August 2007 9:05:30 AM
Dear Marilyn.. always good to see your balanced unbiased posts :)

VK3 do you know what the Jewish feast of Purim is about ?

Have a read of the book of Esther, and find a man named "Haman"
See what he tried to do, and how he was stopped.....
All Jews will know his name, and why his name is remembered, and that was over 2500 yrs ago.

To this day, the Jews know the value of 'highly placed people' in foreign governments who can save their rear end in times of international strife.

I get a bit weary of the 'historically ignorant, philosophically naive, leftoid tripe' trotted out by the likes of Anthony, and don't worry about me having a little dabble in 'mockery' ..I'm mocking his ideas.. and after all.. I never get that toward my posts......do I ? :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 25 August 2007 10:17:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All