The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to become a conspiracy theorist > Comments

How to become a conspiracy theorist : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 14/6/2007

If there are no images, it must not have happened. If there are images, they must have been doctored.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
There are conspiracy theorists sure, but most are harmless fun. It's the ones revolving around terrorism that horrify.

More than half the Muslims in Britain, although it's basically the same everywhere else, don't believe Muslims were responsible for 9/11 or 7/7, even though many clerics praise both.

Some have stated this more eloquently than I ever could, but there are those who argue that the Islamic world, including the diasporas in the west, are largely made up of paranoid delusional conspiracy theorists.

It's true. Even the new, improved, redneck Mufti, doesn't believe Bin Laden did 9/11, and that he says so openly (and no, there will be no protests to remove him by Muslims because they believe it too)

If one goes to MEMRITV.org - an excellent site that monitors TV in the Muslim world, one will see nothing but conspiracy theories, outright lies (the weirdest one I've heard so far is that the Koran is scientifically proven and Allah lives 240 billion miles away from earth!) and sick stories of how Christians spread AIDS through Africa - bizarre given it is ONLY Christians, and some secular western groups, that even help anyone in need around the world. Remember the tsunami? Where were their 'Arab brothers' then?

I've heard that the last Pope was killed because he became a Muslim, that Jews drink the blood of Muslim kids because they're really vampires - and this is on prime time TV in the Muslim world!

Something needs to be done, bomb the crap out of their TV stations for a start, but their schoolbooks, media, and especially their redneck parents who instill hate - need to be sorted out.

Conspiracy theories revolving around other races, cultures, can lead to NAZI Germany...their backward minds need to be opened.
Posted by Benjamin, Thursday, 14 June 2007 10:48:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Benjamin

Extreme confusion and double standards, mate.

On the one hand you say we should "bomb the crap out of their [Muslim] TV stations". And we should "sort out" [a euphemism for censor or remove?] their schoolbooks, media, and especially their redneck parents who instill hate".

Instill hate, you say?

But on the other hand I presume you haven't been indoctinated by Muslim TV or Muslim schoolbooks or Muslim newspapers or radio, have you? Nor have you been brainwashed by Muslim parents? So why do you exhibit so much hate? And advocate such violence? In what way are you different from those you condemn?

You make a strong- if inelegant - point in saying: "Conspiracy theories revolving around other races, cultures, can lead to NAZI Germany...their backward minds need to be opened." The question is: whose mind needs to be opened?

Or put it another way, can you open someone's mind by bombing them? Can you combat by terrorism by your own acts of terrorisim? Can you get rid of hatred by your own acts of hatred?
Posted by FrankGol, Thursday, 14 June 2007 11:41:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
to FrankGol,

Benjamin isn't confused or hypocritical, not unless you also think that ALL police are hypocrites for using force to arrest those who break the law and would threaten us all.

It isn't contradictory to use force to uphold the very liberal principles that allow us to be free and equal. Were you against the bombing of the Nazis?

When it comes to people or countries or cultures that exhibit extreme hate and racism and brainwash their kids to hate the "other" we should completely crush this yes, we should as a world, if we truly uphold the principles of freedom, occupy these places and run their government like a Soviet police state, until they learn to treat others as equals and with respect.

It isn't hateful to hate hate, such as Nazis or Talibans. To say this is hypocrasy simply means that you are thick, or must be a strict pacifist who believes in NO police, someone who would stand by while murder and human rights violations happen in front of you.
Posted by White Warlock, Thursday, 14 June 2007 2:02:32 PM
White Warlock

So, what you're saying is that it's OK to bomb people, deny them their freedom of expression and take them away from their parents because you think they all hate you.

And you would somehow do this in the name of "upholding the principles of freedom"? Then you would quote "run their government like a Soviet police state, until they learn to treat others as equals and with respect".

Dare I suggest that respect is a reciprocal quality - you can hardly expect to earn a people's respect by bombing them, can you?

Perhaps I really am thick as you suggest. I was stupid enough to think OLO posters would be coherent, logical and reasoned.

Again I ask: what's the difference between you and the people you condemn for their alleged hatred and violence?

If you don't answer me properly, should I come over and bomb your house and take away your liberty?
Posted by FrankGol, Thursday, 14 June 2007 3:16:43 PM
Ah ha! This whole ridiculing conspiracy thing is obviously a government conspiracy to prevent us uncovering government conspiracies! John Howard escaped from Area 51 after crashing his space-ship and Tony Abbott was the second gunman on the grassy knoll!!

The government, any democratic government, could, without too much exageration be defined as a "group of mostly middle-age men linked by the singular inability to keep a secret for any length of time". No government keeps a secret for long. I’m comforted by this fact. It how I know there really isn’t aliens in Area 51, or that there is a nuclear weapons facility under The Lodge etc...
Posted by My name is Dylan, Thursday, 14 June 2007 4:30:53 PM
And of course if you DO happen to know something THEY don't want others to know about then they are not going to let you say it anyway!
:-)
Posted by Communicat, Thursday, 14 June 2007 5:35:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy