The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Risking women's health, breaching Australia's laws > Comments

Risking women's health, breaching Australia's laws : Comments

By Jocelynne Scutt, published 11/5/2007

Confidentiality and privacy laws are little protection against the determined anti-abortionist.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
This article driving at 'women can terminate the life of unborn child-and never want to be identified'...why...if the reason to terminate is so strong, considering the life of good human ceased on it, then stand and say so and it was your choice...why wanting this cloak and dagger stuff with it...

The problem that stewed to this crisis point of killing unborn babies is 'law'...and where the laws/court repeatedly fails, the ordinary common person of the public has/must correct...

Attorney-general for state of queensland(ex rel kerr) v T (1983) 8 fam LR 875 in high court:
Father wanted an injunction to prevent the woman from aborting his child from an 'one-off' casual sex. High court said...essentially 'bugger-off'...'a foetus has no right of its own'...so guess what happened...yep...

In the marriage of F (1989) 13 fam LR 189 family court...separation and wife 13 weeks pregnant and father wanted injunction to prevent women terminating his child. family court said...'The foetus has no right at common law which could be enforced on its behalf by H(father)'...at 'commonlaw' meaning developed over 1000 years of english legal practice...how long has this sisterhood organized power for unbalanced benefit been going on under the radar?...read the brutality in these cases for your self. Most court libraries have the cases and more...

These fathers spent a lot of money to protect their unborn child...how many of us whom feel the same can afford this...

It is becoming quite clear that what is happening now with unborn children whom have absolutely no legal rights is intolerable to ordinary decent person of society...

Lot of things must happen...I think the first is law must be passed that before termination is carried out a legal offer must be made to the real father-'absolutely terminating all rights of women to child and father taking over full rights and care of his child'...if father disagrees then only termination can proceed...otherwise child lives...

Sam
Posted by Sam said, Saturday, 12 May 2007 12:21:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JamesH

"Research shows that up to 40% of women will lie about birth control in order to get pregnant."

So JamesH, why would women seek an abortion if they wanted to get pregnant?

Are you suggesting that only women are to blame for unplanned pregnancies when you claim that "their motives are less than honourable?"

To all those males who simply want to "get their end away," I advise:

"Take the initiative, when indulging in casual sex and use condoms at all times. After all, it is not you who has to deal with the medical and psychological consequences of abortion or the main responsibility of child rearing, whilst you wander off in search of your next fleeting conquest!"

During the eighties, my research revealed 73% of estranged fathers failed to adequately support their children.

Now, better enforced regulations to ensure more shared monetary responsibility, has propagated an army of whinging Dads, who complain of the cost of supporting the product of their casual or long-term liaisons.

Women in need, hardly require counselling services which have been manipulated by our "honourable" leaders who happen to be the male species, desirous of combining archaic, hypocritical religious dogma with politics which will be to the detriment of this "democratic" nation.
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 12 May 2007 4:07:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Dickie.

James made me choke with '40% women lying about birth control'. I advise James to keep his zipper firmly closed and pants on. That way he will not ever be deceived by a conniving dishonourable woman who is desperate for his baby. I wonder the % of men who say 'I love you and you can trust me' just to high tail it after the novelty wears off?

Men find casual, non committal sex without any need for intimacy or love much easier than women. Most women still need to be 'in love' for a sexual relationship and have the view, that sex means a commitment of sorts.

-So I don't think these women have a poor understanding of birth control- James

Dear James, is it a woman who needs to be the one with understanding of birth control? What about yours and all other men? Do all you men realize that if every man always personally took responsibility for birth control, unplanned pregnancy would practically disappear? Why is the main responsible one always seen as the woman? Oh, I forgot, she’s the one who gets pregnant and has to deal with it.

Up to now it is still women only who get pregnant and therefore have NO choice dealing with the consequences. Men can stay or disappear, they are NOT pregnant. This is not to deny the majority of men who are responsible and do care deeply about their children. But, please, do not pretend there are not many men breathing a sigh of relief that they’ve been let of the financial hook when a woman terminates an unplanned pregnancy.

Why is there such a concerted effort to make abortion all about selfish uncaring women, probably men hating feminists, ready to kill babies after luring honourable men into wanton sex, who must be punished, or at least marked in some public way? It is sickening, it is hateful.

An unwanted pregnancy is about birth control. Nothing more, nothing less. It is the EQUAL responsibility for both.
Posted by yvonne, Saturday, 12 May 2007 7:42:26 PM
There are a few posts here that try to muddy the waters between rational choice and baby killing.

Clearly, by any definition, abortion is baby killing.

When an abortion is 'chosen', it is not some weed in the garden being plucked, it is a human child.

When it is 'terminated', it is murdered.

When it is the "womens righs" mantra, it is their choice to do murder.

Whe they assert womens rights such as these are legislatable, it is an attempt to legalise infant murder

When the feotoscidists declare it a health matter, it is merely an 'it or me' survivalist perspective.

When 'termination' is done, it is not moralistic anywhere or at any point.

When Gender Kits disclose the sex of the unborn, and murder is the logical outcome, Hitleresque machinations creep into human reproduction. Fascist eugenics is the result of the Feminnazi movement.
Posted by Gadget, Saturday, 12 May 2007 7:49:24 PM
"Clearly, by any definition, abortion is baby killing.
When an abortion is 'chosen', it is not some weed in the garden being plucked, it is a human child.
When it is 'terminated', it is murdered."

Gadget, all you are doing is trying to use semantics as a form
of emotional rhetoric. Check your definitions!

A zygote for instance, is neither yet a foetus or a baby or
a person, it simply has potential, as do the 400 eggs that
women flush down the toilet during their lifetimes, or the
billions of sperms, where males do the same. As Darwin noted,
far more potential beings of any species will be created, then
can ever survive.

A foetus is not a child, again check your definitions.

Murdered? Did you murder that fly you swatted? Did you
murder those sperms you flushed down the toilet, or that
egg?

Semantics is not going to make your case Gadget.

Get real.
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 12 May 2007 9:10:19 PM
I don't think it's right that a woman should be deceived when being given counselling about her pregnancy. I don't think religious reasons should be pushed on her if she is not religious.

Religion is relevant for some. But don't we all value human life? And do we normally measure the value of a human on whether they're wanted or not?

If the life of a foetus was not important why would women grieve when they have a natural miscarriage? Why are we saddened or appalled when an accident or act of violence causes a miscarriage? (and yes, in some cases of violence, criminal charges have been laid).

I cannot understand why people are prepared to suspend their normal concern for the sacredness of human life. I can understand it when the woman's life is genuinely at risk or in cases of rape or possibly with young girls with immature bodies. But I think it's dishonest to say one is having an abortion for medical reasons when the true reasons are to do with job, finances, the general pregnancy health risks, housing or even feelings. If ourselves or a close family suddenly falls ill or has an accident, we are prepared to forego these things. We have to. What choice do we have?

Accidents happen. Sexually active adults should be responsible for their actions. Sometimes something unexpected happens. Most of the time we can't just eliminate the problem. And if a human life is in question, we never do unless it is the last resort (eg switching off a life-support machine).

Surely the great number of abortions in Australia are not because of a last resort situation. We believe we have the right to choose something that we would never normally choose.
Because of this we do mental gymnastics to justify our actions by convincing ourselves that something we would normally treasure (a pregnancy) is nothing much at all.
Posted by kt mcf, Saturday, 12 May 2007 11:25:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11