The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestinians and Jews stand united > Comments

Palestinians and Jews stand united : Comments

By Donna Jacobs Sife, published 18/4/2007

We cannot imagine that it is possible to fight for the rights of Palestinians while not making Israel the enemy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Logic,

Malaysia has a significant ethnic Chinese minority, appropriately regarded as second-class citizens there.
My propensity to analyse everything down to simple true/false (independent of emotion) makes me a neutral person in a broad ways, including racial & cultural aspects. (This is what being open-minded is about).
It often flabbergasts me to hear inexperienced ignorants praising Islam as if they have finally seen a light.
Malaysia does not need Islam. No country needs it. Problem is, becoming Islamic is a one-way street. No Islamic country can ever revert to its pre-Islamic state, on its own accord.

There is nothing more tragic than so much of the world being held to ransom by so little - an ideology mutated out of an individual's silly hoax. This is my position.

CJ Morgan,

1. Is proof of Virgin Birth and Resurrection connected to Muhammad's angel encounters?
2. If I ask for proof of Muhammad's angel claims, do I also need to prove you wear red underpants?
3. If I do not prove whether you wear red underpants, does it imply I may not refute Muhammad's claims?

How does alerting people to a deceptive ideology make me an extremist?

I can imagine some days you will extend welcome to some quiet new neighbours who turn out to be Islamist jihadists. I think you will find them most well-mannered and go about their business quietly. (Won't you too keep a low profile if you were to make a bomb or two?)

The bottomline is, I have no need to prove to you anything because I don't expect you to believe anything I say, not even this : You're a fool.
Posted by GZ Tan, Monday, 30 April 2007 12:49:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Horus,

Religious critics are like football commentator in my views, if you are in it/ practising it, you do not qualify.

“The Copts are the Aborigines of Egypt” is not a correct statement and the new thinking in Egypt is all Egyptians are copts (some turned to Islam while many kept their faith). I recommend a reading by an Egyptian Christian historian called Dr Milad Hanna. It took 500 years for Muslims to become the majority population in Egypt. Regarding Saudi for me the holy city is Mecca as far as I am concerned, I can’t see the reason why the entire Kingdom is. It’s a matter of opinions I guess.

You also quoted:
There seems to be a positive relationship between a society’s willingness to challenge icons & the number of Nobel prize laureates it produce.
I agree partially with your comment for the following reasons:
- Most Nobel Prize winners belong to cultures was children education and pressure for excellence is high.
- Even though the Islamic/ Arab world and culture are at rock bottom, there are 8 Nobel Prize winners from this culture in the last 25 years.

GZ Tan,

I have to admit that I am of the view of CJ Morgan that you appear to be a devout Christian in denial. The only thing you keep refering to as 'truth' benchmark seems to be coming straight from the bible. Are you in denial or just a spiritual 'tyre kicker'?

Boaz,

What can I say?
Your Islam bashing comments on OLO 3,350!
On an average of 10 minutes a comment that works out a 558 hours = 23.2 days of ‘pure dedicated hate’.
I feel for someone who have to live with himself and that much hate and anger.

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 1 May 2007 12:26:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow_Human

I gather that you are a Muslim. I should like to discuss things more with you. You can contact me on pcohen@controlsmart.com.au.

Anyone else who is open minded is welcome to do the same.

I will reserve my full name and address as this site does have an occasional crazy.
Posted by logic, Tuesday, 1 May 2007 7:23:06 PM
Logic,
What's going on? How long does it take to figure out FH is a Muslim?

FH,
I am neither of those and I am not in denial.
I don't mind the tag "logical Christian" (which I made up).

I think the goal of logical reasonings is to get to the truth. What is the ultimate truth?

My view is that Christianity is more logical, not Islam.
Posted by GZ Tan, Tuesday, 1 May 2007 11:01:12 PM
Logic,

Will send you an email and the same here. My personal email address
is viewsexchange@gmail.com

GZ Tan,

"I think the goal of logical reasonings is to get to the truth. What is the ultimate truth? My view is that Christianity is more logical, not Islam"

Couldn'agree more everyone finds reason in something.
Great chating to you,

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Wednesday, 2 May 2007 12:06:08 AM
Palestinians and Jews united? What an unfunny joke. The Palestinians have lived and farmed the land for centuries, and have every right to continue to do so. The Jews lay claim to the land by virtue of (alleged) biblical prophecy, supported by fellow travellers from Balfour until the present day - a support that now largely emanates from the right wing American bible belt from which George Bush draws his strength and support. Zionism (largely the 'religion' of rich American jews)is the curse of the middle east, and in the hands of christian fundamentalists is the ultimate self fullfilling prophecy. Palestinians have the right of it - Zionists have the high ground and the guns. Jewish people have made an incalculably large contribution to civilisation - Zionism has been an unqualified disaster leading to nothing but agony and bloodshed. Even the much vaunted kibbutz ideal is fragmenting. Forget 'cuddle' sessions in Melbourne - the only end in sight is total destruction of one side or the other - probably the Palestinians.
Posted by GYM-FISH, Wednesday, 2 May 2007 4:57:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy