The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lesson of loathing > Comments

Lesson of loathing : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 22/3/2007

The Government is inconsistent and hypocritical in its responses to religious extremists.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
CJ says...

"However, I always correct myself because freedom of ideological expression is so integral to the democratic ideals I hold dear.

Such a pity that the religious nutters and racists who infest forums such as this aren't as reasonable.."

LOOK AT ME..
-"I'm reasonable"
-"I'm not a religious nutter",
-"I treasure democratic ideals", (paraphrase)

In fact Lord.. I'm so glad I'm NOT like that scumbag 'religious nutter' over there..eeeeuuuwwww

Thus did the Pharisee pray...with himSELF..... Onya CJ :)

Paul said "I am the chief of sinners"...Boaz comes a close 2nd. (or maybe a tad in front)

CALLING IRF... when you claim Naliah 'refused to condemn a terrorist organization' can you give a bit more context mate ? like... do you have a quote, documented, and regarding the tearing down of non Christian places of worship.. could you elaborate on that ?
Do you understand the Christian method of speaking ? "Christian Soldiers" only have the Gospel mate.. not ak47s like your mob.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 23 March 2007 7:01:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz... I haven't noticed you mentioning Fred Nile's call for a moratorium on muslim immigration, though I may have missed it.

What are your thoughts on his forming a political party? I'd gotten the impression you were against christianity as a political institution, though I see your point about voting rather than actually becoming a part of politics...

But that's not what Fred Nile's doing, he's actually formed a party. What are your thoughts?
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Friday, 23 March 2007 10:44:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well done those that look at moderation and the future outside the religious dogma. I am heartened to know that there are reasonable people about who can see what is going on.

I feel sorry for those who are so bound up by ancient texts that they can't see the wood for the trees. You would think that 2000 years of learning, science, communication and history would amount to some form of guidance for the changes necessary to allow our species, and all the other species, to have a future on our little planet.

No, all the ranting religious control freak nutters (usually MEN wearing dresses and cloth hats of one form or another) have to try to hang on to their power base propped up by countless sheep who believe what they say without thinking.

How do we get it through their thick heads that our social dynamic must change. Socially and economically. The first thing we must do is reduce the population.
Posted by Guy V, Friday, 23 March 2007 12:27:05 PM
TurnrightThenLeft,

Answer me this - If Danny Nalliah has called for christians to take over the politics of Australia, would you support that call?

Of course I don't agree that anyone 'take over' politics in Australia. This is more in line with muslim or secular humanism thinking. I believe Christians have the right to lobby and influence as any other people do. I am not in favour of knocking down other peoples places of worship either.

It is obvious when looking at the ferals that do most of the protesting and violence in this country that it is not made up of Christians. I say again that humanist and muslims seem to have the best track records for violence and terroism. Both these acts are against the teachings of Christ! The only the threat the 'Christian right' whoever they may be pose is to challenge the godless philosophies being promoted by those with few or no morals!
Posted by runner, Friday, 23 March 2007 1:12:42 PM
I must point out that I have been misquoted (or reather, selectively quoted) by online_east. He quotes me as saying "people like Danny Nalliah are harmless loonies." which is only part of the whole. What I actually said was "there is .... a general belief that people like Danny Nalliah are harmless loonies." So what I am saying is that there is a general belief, but not that that believe is shared by me. This is quite clear a couple of lines later when I say "all harmless loonies have the potential to grow into dangerous loonies."

I would certainly class Nalliah as a loony, but not as harmless. Not yet dangerous, but certainly if empowered and courted by a right wing government well on the way to becoming dangerous. His ranting is no less vile, particularly given the moral high ground taken by his apologists, than we have seen from some of his islamic brothers.
Posted by Reynard, Friday, 23 March 2007 2:19:47 PM
I'm afraid this thread seems rather to have gone off the rails. Can anyone find any information on Danny Nalliah, that either proves or disproves Irfan's original allegations?

I had a look a the Catch the Fire Ministries blog. I found 8 articles on Islam on the front page, as well as 5 on various anti-anti-vilification legislation campaigns. They certainly seem more interested in bagging Islam than in praising the Lord. But don't take my word for it, have a look yourselves http://www.catchthefire.com.au/blog/ (warning: don't go there if extreme ranting offends).

But just disliking Islam is a long long way from supporting the Tamil Tigers. So does Danny Nalliah repudiate the Tamil Tigers or not?
Posted by Johnj, Friday, 23 March 2007 10:17:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy