The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Groping towards a common ground > Comments

Groping towards a common ground : Comments

By Dvir Abramovich, published 12/12/2006

The Israel-Palestine conflict - governments may sign treaties, but only people can make peace.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Dvir,

An article of hope and cheerfulness.

Peace,

T
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 12 December 2006 10:11:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MUCH to be KNOWN.......

For example. The author quotes a centre for peace called 'Neve Shalom-Wahat al Salam' where Arabs and Jews are living and enjoying life together.... in fact it sounds so good I think I missed the 2nd coming and here is the Arab lion laying down with the Israeli lamb and I'm left out !

QUESTIONS.

1/ Where did those Arabs come from ? (exiled from towns and displaced by Jews ? or... they happen to be Israeli Arabs not effected dramatically by the conflict ?

2/ How would they react to East Jerusalem being totally and forever under Jewish sovereignty and knowing full well that they may come a day when the Mosque and Dome are removed to make way for the Temple ?

3/ If resources became scarce in that community, how long would it take for the families to retreat into 'them/us' along ethnic lines ?

4/ How would the ARABS among this community react to the concept of 'equal compensation to Arabs for land lost' BUT...it might not be in their place of first choice (because it won't be from where they came)

The Lefty/peaceful Israelis like this mob, seem to have little sense of theological/historical reality. Presumably they are atheists or secular, they could not in any way be seriously religious. They are also totally bemuddled about how Islam has treated Jews over the centuries. (Jews were tolerated YES... but only because the no longer represented a military threat after the genocides of Banu Qurayza and Khaibar along with the exiles of the Banu Al Nadir and Banu Qunayqa Jews.

Islam/Muslims are VERY peaceful....... yes, its actually true.. when they are absolutely in control of the place. But.. do anything to protect your interests, make alliances against them because you see the historical writing on the wall... and ol Mohammed will be on your case like the worst toxic rash you ever had. (hide or kill your attractive young wife too, because based on accurate, accepted,historical accounts he will want her as well.)

http://www.anwary-islam.com/women/pwife_safiyya.htm gives the sugar coated Muslim version.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 12 December 2006 12:47:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Blessed are the peacemakers. Where to start? The warmongers have a problem for every solution.
Posted by ronnie peters, Tuesday, 12 December 2006 1:53:48 PM
One can only hope. The Irish suffered because they nurtured the wrongs of the past. David B the past was created by people now dead. Learn from it, accept it but live in the present with an eye to the future.

Personally I think the Dome and the Mosque are safe for a number of reasons.

1. They are architectural masterpieces. Jews are fond of art.

2. The Dome in particular is the landmark bulding of Jerusalem, like the Eiffel Tower or the Acropolis.

3. The Liberal Jews don't want a Temple and they are the majority.

4. The orthodox are too divided to bulid a new one. Who would choose a High Priest? What would they do in it - sacrifice animals? Would women be allowed, could they be stopped?

No it would be much too hard.
Posted by logic, Tuesday, 12 December 2006 5:25:18 PM
Thanx Celeste, you are always so gracious in your disagreement.. oh that all were like that :)

Ronnie.. I just see the root of it all as being rather deep. Nothing I say can really have much impact. Sorry if I seem over cocky at times.

Celeste.. do you know anything about this Neve Shalom place ? anything about the background of those peaceful Arabs ?

Do you know any Messianic Jews you could put me in contact with ?
I am thinking of putting a Jew and a Palestinian Arab side by side at this "ONE NATION..." etc demo I'm planning for next year. The event will have some nationalistic overtones but also a spiritual goal is to draw attention to the fact that In Christ...there is neither Jew nor Greek (nor Arab) slave nor free, but we are all one....in Him"
jdrmot@tpg.com.au if you know any.

blessings all.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 12 December 2006 8:01:51 PM
The sentiments are grand. However the article is skewed and ignores the realities.

It states a desire that 'advocates stopping the blame game' but berates by name only Arab terrorists and, throughout, some of their specific horrific activities. On the other hand it never once specifically criticises the atrocities of the IGF or the illegal occupation, or the repression, or the formerly and offically sanctioned land stealing of it's 'settlers'.

In applying deceptive generalisations such as

'...overwhelming reports and images of violence that have apprised us of the suffering of both peoples and have engendered a sense of irreconcilable difference and hopelessness...'

it attempts to gloss over the stark realities of the consequences of the actions of the occupation, the IDF and the settlers. For we have all become aware that violence and suffering has overwhelming been caused by the official policy and actions of only one government and the vast majority of it suffered by only one people.

While it highlights the peace attempts with the children, which are are fabulous, the reality is that only one side can benefit from those efforts in the long term. For one side formerly and officially, has a racist policy which compels only the children of it's majority group to learn how to kill their democratic and peace-seeking neighbours.

I'm for peace but this sort of commentary is mere propaganda designed to portray one side as saintly and peace-seeking and the other as struggling within it's own divisions in a feeble attempt at the same.

It's disgraceful pap.

A true seeking of peace would see a movement to change the Government or the formal and official policies. And in Israel that isn't occurring.
Posted by keith, Wednesday, 13 December 2006 5:57:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy