The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mal monstered at Mutitjulu - any wonder? > Comments

Mal monstered at Mutitjulu - any wonder? : Comments

By Graham Ring, published 4/12/2006

Indigenous Australians want a fair go - not presents of beads, mirrors or police stations.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Better late than never CJ,

Reflecting on your observations it clear to me now that the consolidation and preservation of white privilege and racism are now all but a self-regulating and self-sustaining process.

Its naturalness has become irrefutable and justified unto itself.

Brough’s visits are seen by the naïve here as caring and responsible.

That he will deliver absolutely no benefits whatsoever from his "inspections" of communities is not called into question.

His presence it seems is in itself enough and all Aboriginal people deserve.

The indignation expressed by posters here that Aboriginal people protested is symptomatic of the aforementioned self regulated and self sustaining racism they pretend not to practice.
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 12 December 2006 8:25:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rainier, no doubt if someone accused you of being racist you would object, but you would be standing on very shaky ground. Let's be honest, we are all racist, including you.
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 12 December 2006 9:17:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
VK3AUU, Indeed yes, we are all racists at some level, although I'm perhaps more aware of it than you are and as such - much more careful.

The racism I speak of allows you NOT to think about what it means to be white because being white means you don't have think of yourself as being ethnic or different, you just think its 'normal'and being a 'human being' don't you.

If this is the racism you are accusing me of, a racism that you are blind to in yourself ? If so how can I be responsible for your own lack of self reflection and then outward projections of this toxic racism on to others?

And I bet all the money in the world that you don't understand what I've just asked you.
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 13 December 2006 6:25:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you don't think of yourself as s normal human being then who am I to argue.
Posted by VK3AUU, Thursday, 14 December 2006 7:21:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just as I predicted.
Posted by Rainier, Friday, 22 December 2006 10:34:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy