The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Moral superiority or simply forgetfulness? > Comments

Moral superiority or simply forgetfulness? : Comments

By Jocelynne Scutt, published 14/11/2006

Women who talk to strange men or familiar ones have a right not to be raped or sexually abused.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Frank/Derek,
Thank you both for your contributions, I think you will find the "Citizen's" of this world are only brave with women and children. I appreciate a bit of "confusus say" and I am a survivor, however it is a serious subject I like some, recover easier than others, however I still have a list of symptoms as long as your arm, healty debate and positive suggestions on how to solve this promlem in society is what is needed here.

Surely with the diversity in this room, we could collectively arrive at a sensible suggestion, which we or Graham could pass on to our local MP and get them off their collective backsides, and addressing our societies serious problems.
Posted by SHONGA, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 9:35:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don’t forget CJ, the world is also full of oestrogen fuelled misandrists loaded with arrogance.

All pious, wrapped in cotton and molly-coddled all their lives by family and friends, such women have not an ounce of understanding about men’s struggles. And yes we do have them.

I find it appalling that misandrists populate the high moral ground, with little more authority than does a male rapist.

It has probably never been discussed, alledged or even thought of by the majority, that fluffy feminists make no real effort to learn the larger world. Instead, oestrogen fuelled rage fills the void of knowledge. I would suggest that some women would be better served by getting out into the world, dropping their high skirts of piety, and learning more about how to speak to people. It doesn’t matter if we don’t like each-other, a good dose of respect and awareness will do a lot more for women’s safety than any mouthy movement, or political position.
Posted by Gadget, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 10:36:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In many Muslim countries rape is more common than in Australia. It has been suggested by some historians that up to 50% of German births following the last weeks of the Second World World were products of rape. Jewish women were raped by guards in concentration camps.Afghan women were raped by their Taliban executioners. Most rape victims are children. Often rape of children is committed by clergy and in Christian youth camps. Infants under a year old are also raped. Rape is also used as a tool for ethnic cleansing.

To say the victim shares responsibility is both pathetic and cowardly. Real men never entertain the concept of rape, it is only monsters that entertain the notion of rape and/ or commit rape.

It is a perverted and twisted attitude that leads to rape , it is all the offenders fault. Unfortunetely the mysogony of Christianity and Islam twist the minds of the believers to believe women have no worth and therefore are objects to commit acts of monstrosity ( or righteousness as they call it ) against women.

To say a woman is culpable because of the clothes she wears or because she is friendly rather than defensive is like saying a victim stabbed to death by an intruder with their own kitchen knife was culpable for keeping knives in the kitchen drawer.

We must deal with rape with zero tolerance, we must not encourage rape by in any way accepting Abrahamic attitudes toward women.
Posted by West, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 10:48:48 AM
Romany, do you mind if I bring the marshmallows?

I want to toast them whilst you burn me at the stake as a heretic, for challenging the word of the high priestesses of feminism.

No! it is not nice having your gender being criticised, or being painted with a negative brush. The last 3 or 4 decades gender politics have been dominate by the feminist movement.

Trendy words and phrases like ‘human rights’ or ‘social justice’ and ‘equality’ are used and if they do not equally apply to men, then they are meaningless and the people who use them are hypocrites.

I understand that some women think they are better people than men, so men do not deserve to have things like human rights or to have the principles of social justice applied to them. Is not gaoling an innocent man a breech of human rights and social justice?

You seem to forget that there are many women who also challenge much of the feminist/female misandry.

This victimhood mentality amongst women has become a chronic illness.

As too proof of theories originating from that site. I read extensively many different authors and the vast majority of them are female. Examined research in detail and found most of it was of questionable quality and focused on a very narrow range of questions, so in reality research became important more for the questions that were never asked.

Daphne Patai, Christine Stobla, Erin Pizzey, Christine Hoff Sommers, Melaine Phillips, Eeva Sodhi, Wendy McElroy,

A person suggested the idea of ‘humanism’ to me, although I have not fully investigated the concept, it sounds much more ideal than gender bashing from either side.

I do not support having one standard for one gender and applying a different set of rules and regulations to the other.
Posted by JamesH, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 3:33:38 PM
First of all, Romany thankyou for pointing out how often these places get hi-jacked by misogynists. It's one of the reasons I don't drop in very regularly, but whenever I do, I'm struck by the monotony of the same bunch of people who seem to have vast amounts of time to devote to regurgitating the same vicious stuff about how women are so much better at lying and manipulating than men are, how they're such terrible human beings etc etc ad nauseum.

Dr Scutt's article points out what these people confirm: that our society is still riddled with people (men AND women) who really do believe that women are asking for rape if they are out at night, or dressed in anything more revealing than a chador, or daring to insist on the same rights as men. And these men and women are often white, middle-class, anglo-saxon types, not necessarily fundamentalist Muslims. The attitudes of people such as JamesH and Gadget confirm Dr Scutt's claim.
Posted by Hedgepig, Monday, 20 November 2006 11:23:38 AM
Hedgepigy,

you woudnt know a mysogonist if you slept with one. Thats because you are a Misandrist.
Posted by Gadget, Monday, 20 November 2006 10:04:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy