The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Not just Australians' values > Comments

Not just Australians' values : Comments

By Ghassan Hage, published 18/9/2006

Assimilationists are the real exclusionists of Australian history.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Prigma wrote

“rainier is rather smartly exploiting the ignorant academic nonsensical brainwashing Whitlam legacy”

Blimey! I know this must mean something, but it’s too cryptic for me to untangle – anyone reading this who has quals in psychotherapy and linguists, please feel free to enlighten me.

Is this is what happens when Right wingers implode? Do their heads spin while they type nonsensical words and phrases that only makes sense to them?

But wait there’s this little piece of wisdom (?)

“unfortunately rainier is not to blame for this mentality; the fault lies with the ignorant do-gooders for reasons which don't require an explanation to a sober observer”

Well blow me down! Unfortunately for me it seems I’m not to blame for this mentality I apparently have, my brain is not in my control but rather its them bloody do-gooders again.(whoever they are?) Ya gotta laugh at this

It’s also a wonderful reminder of how important OLO is in providing opportunities for everyone in our nation to make a statement, even if you can’t make sense of what they are on about. Yes even Right wing loonies need to be given a place to exorcise themselves and projectile vomit each other with praise.

Ghassan, after you pick yourself off the ground from belly laughing -post another one up will ya.
It seems these two posters haven’t got a life other than to react to our comments. Poor buggers
Posted by Rainier, Saturday, 30 September 2006 5:52:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Blimey! I know this must mean something, but it’s too cryptic for me to untangle – anyone reading this who has quals in psychotherapy and linguists, please feel free to enlighten me.

rainier i appreciate your honesty and decency to admit that you don't understand. rather admirable. thanks for contributing in the battle against ignorance by encouraging others like ghassam to further expose the mentality of no merit. your remarks are the perfect tool to convey the sense of urgency for enlightenment. thanks again.
btw. in an earlier post you make reference to a 'humpy'. when you've learned how to build a humpy could you please post the plans ? feel free to consult ghassam to help you with the design. dickie, it's rather obvious that it is futile to try and make someone see sense when they're too full of indoctrinated hatred to allow themselves to even try.
rainier & ghassam, i hope the dawn of sensibility arrives for you soon. subject closed.
Posted by pragma, Sunday, 1 October 2006 6:52:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie, I lost relatives fighting for this country, on the soil you stand on, not some distant shores and on the behest of other nation states and their agenda's, well before WW1. But you already knew this didn't you?

But still you want a moment of silence for your dead?
We could give you lifetimes of empty:
The unmarked graves
The lost languages
The uprooted trees and histories
The dead stares on the faces of nameless children
We could be silent forever
Or just long enough to hunger,
For the dust to bury us
And you would still ask us
For more of our silence.

http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/s11/silence.html
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 1 October 2006 11:44:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rainier writes in another of Ghassan's articles that he/she put Redneck's posts on a power point show for his/her 100 art students and "besides rolling around on the lecture room floor laughing at your ridiculous ideas................"

Is the above lesson part of the Arts' curriculum, Ranier. Is this why the taxpayer is expected to meet the costs of recurrent grants in education - for you to indocrinate students with your vicious agenda, rather than tutoring in art?

And so much time for posts, Ranier! All 662 of them. When on earth do you find time for marking and preparation for students or even for tutoring?

Is this the reason I have paid my taxes for 52 years - to allow you to bludge during working hours? Or is it part of your salary package?

God help us all and God help Australia - and I'm not even religious!!
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 1 October 2006 4:33:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie, In modern academia, the arts are usually grouped with or a subset of the Humanities. Some subjects in the Humanities are history, linguistics, literature, philosophy, political theory, women's studies and liberalism. I've taught most of these at some time or another. Why not consider some study yourself? It might sharpen your analysis.
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 1 October 2006 7:39:24 PM
Pragma,

I am a little disturbed that you claimed to have intimate experience with living amongst Indigenous communities in Australia, and yet seem to display such denial and complete inapathy to the Aboriginal voice, (Note; Not Left voice!) It was actually quite amusing (and a little imperialistic) how you referred to the British colonialist invasion of Australia and subsequent slaughter and racial cleansing of the existing Aboriginal communities;

‘australian abborigines have had their way of life drastically altered a hundred or more years ago by people whose life was drastically altered too when they unwittingly became invaders’

Moreover your obvious insight (from personal experience that you have claimed) into the on-going social/welfare issues that indigenous communities face (especially those in rural areas) must be a great primary experience. I can’t help but ask if you were working in Aboriginal communities before or after they were counted as ‘flora and fauna’ on the Australian Census? Were you involved in these same communities before or after they had achieved the vote in Australia? That wasn’t too long ago…1963 I think?

‘it saddens me when people claim victimisation (rainer if you can think of a more appropriate term please correct me) which did not actually happen to them personally’ - Pragma

(cont)
Posted by Jules21, Monday, 2 October 2006 3:22:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy