The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia is still evolving > Comments

Australia is still evolving : Comments

By Tony Kevin, published 8/9/2006

We have many moral choices to make in the struggle to build a better society.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Leo, I have no idea who Ted Lapkin is, I also have no idea why you post quotes without any comment yourself or clue as to what you are getting at.

At least Tony in his own self-absorption makes points that are easily disputed and refuted, even though he likes ignoring same, as is the won't of self-appointed political elitists.
Posted by T800, Wednesday, 27 September 2006 1:08:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
• OLO Chief Editor ..."The dangers of Hansonism were one of my inspirations for setting up On Line Opinion - a site where people could bring their prejudices, but also a willingness to engage. The success of this site shows that, given a chance, even those people who have closed their minds, love the opportunity to argue. Hopefully from the sparring, some greater understanding and tolerance will spring and the tribes will become more peaceful. None of us might change our minds, but we might change our dispositions and recognise our intellectual foes as being at least worthy of respect"!

"The media made Pauline into what she was by talking about her incessantly in derogatory and dismissive terms. They accentuated an 'us' and 'them' (what David Flint refers to as the 'elites' and 'ordinary Australians', or Mark Latham called 'tourists' and 'residents'). The tribes are always there, but not always as at war as they were in the middle 90s. Pauline became the heroine of the outsiders ... who was eventually ground-down by the military efficiency of the major party oligarchy, but doing a lot of damage as she went"!

Without any doubt resulting predictably in a highly demoralised electorate with the utterly bewildered pseudo-members of the phantom-party, deluded deliberately on a wild-goose-chase. To culminate in entirely disenchanted voters-fallout, who unlikely to be lured again in the foreseeable future to trust any emerging new alternative party. As a result of the master-stroke in pre-emptive con-jobs jab-inoculation by clandestine plotters on the Capital Hill.

Who having fanatical lackeys to patrol OLO forum, envisaged by citizenry as a bastion of the participatory democracy in Australia. If not for the abusive thugs on the pay-roll, bent to drive-out the morality evolved public servants, parliamentarians and dissident scholars, who having the guts to unveil controversial topics, at times even to joint OLO deliberations. Only to cope personal attack consequences (from the first post in this thread), due to untouchables sway. Slinging in a malicious slur with the impunity on OLO forum. Faced with revulsion by the ethical readers, reluctant to take-a-plunge into debate!
Posted by Leo Braun, Thursday, 28 September 2006 1:55:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
• Jolanda ..."Should we humble citizens dare-to-speak, they will simply treat us like peasants. Why? Because they can! And why can they? Because people allow it, turn a blind eye and don't support each other. Nobody is required to care. We are not even required to-care-enough to be fair! I believe that there is a proportion of the public, that is apathetic. But, as a member of the public who has lodged formal complaints and depositions in relation to how serious allegations of misconduct and corruption by Government Department are being handled and dealt with (and covered-up), my experience is that most people don't want to get involved. Even go so far as to totally ignore and avoid you"!

Those that choose to comment and get involved, tend to harass you in turn. Using bullying tactics in order to silence and shut you down. They attack, insult, discredit and abuse. Pretty much, whist everybody turn a blind eye. Allowing it to happen! That is what you get, if you want to blow the whistle on corruption or misconduct in Government Departments. As a result you stand alone, ostracised, depleted, vilified, battered and bruised. Usually also totally broke. There must be Laws to protect whistleblowers within the Government Departments! But at present, members of the Public are left to stand alone. To face the big guns, vulnerable with no protection"!

"Until that process, culture and attitude changes, nothing will change. The system has set-up the process-of-administration so as to cover-up their failures and misconduct. They use their bullying tactics to send clear message: Do-not-mess with the big guns as you wont win! That is the culture that needs to be changed"..."Government often picks the most ridiculous complaints to investigate publicly, so as to look like they are doing their job. Then they use it to discredit grievances lodging public. When legitimate complaints and issues are brought-up, they just say that it's an another one of 'those' complaints. Everyone nods and says 'yeah we know which ones'. Thus most just turn a blind eye and the matter is deemed closed"... http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=4574#45979
Posted by Leo Braun, Thursday, 28 September 2006 2:04:09 PM
T800, have you been outed as Ted Lapkin? I've been studying the prose style of your contributions after Leo Braun's suggestion and yes, I do think I can see some stylistic similarities.

I initially thought a T800 might be some sort of tank - heavy, ponderous, slow-moving - but it turns out to be a model of "The Terminator" in the movies of the same name. Here is what Google says:

"T800: First Appearance: The Terminator (1984)

Powers/Abilities/Functions: Superhuman strength; Detailed files on human anatomy; Can perfectly mimic voices; Infrared Vision. Able to interface with computers. Expertise in all manner of weapons."

Soumds like a good description of our Ted, former Israeli paratrooper, now a Have Gun Will Travel intellectual warrior of distinction in the cause of the Israeli Hard Right.

Tell us, T800 - are you really our Ted?
Posted by tony kevin, Thursday, 28 September 2006 9:44:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not your anything tony.. and i don't know Ted.
looks like you all failed detective school.

Anytime you feel brave enough to debate some facts let me know.
Posted by T800, Thursday, 28 September 2006 11:58:10 PM
OLO needs some help with this one.

Sorry leo I aint Ted.
Posted by T800, Monday, 2 October 2006 11:15:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy