The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A few questions for Kofi Annan > Comments

A few questions for Kofi Annan : Comments

By John E. Carey, published 2/8/2006

For the last 50 years deterrence meant nuclear weapons. Is that next for Hezbollah? Kofi?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
SHONGA, Have you looked at John’s C/V. very impressive, so why is he pointing the bone
At poor old Kofi Annan? With all that Military Training & Obedience to your Great President/s, John, is it not, “Yours to do and die, & not to reason Why?”

Hezbollah, you inform us, is a Community within the larger community of Lebanon, we have similar organizations here in Australia, and many more in your country under the banner of religious organisations & clubs under a different banner. None use force directly, but many back weapons manufactures in indirect ways.

At http://corpwatch.org/article.php?id=13944 we read that “ Israel is to get U.S. Bunker
Buster Bombs! Question is, are these with or without Nuclear War Heads?
http://www.ucsusa.org/global_security/nuclear_weapons/nuclear-bunker-buster-rnep-animation.html

Yes, I did post these references elsewhere this week, but on these forums one can be completely ignored in the rush to get ones own opinion across.

John, welcome to online forum, and I hope you are not deterred buy the ignorance of this writer of Military Matters, and Diplomacy. I often think the UN is a great waste of money.Your are right, if Nuclear weapons are used in this fray, not only those in the direct battle
Will suffer, the winds blow four ways, and mostly towards the East, thus spreading the fall out to India and further.

You are correct in bringing Kofi Annan to task, being the leader of our referee, the United Nations, perhaps he should resign, and letter a better fairer man/woman lead.
Posted by ELIDA, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 1:51:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Israeli Defense Force HELPLINE

Suffering tragedy fatigue? Here's a little RELEVANT humour which I hope OLO will tolerate.

Its from Potfry a famous US media guru (and mate of mine) at http://potfry.blogspot.com :

Potfry has uncovered a transcript of the phone conversation between members of the doomed UN outpost in Lebanon and the Israeli Defense Force, as they desperately plead with them to stop bombing so closely.

IDF: “Hello, you’ve reached the Israeli Defense Force Helpline. All of our operators are busy helping other bombing targets. Please hold. Your call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.”

UNIFIL Employee: “Hello!?! SOMEONE?!”

(Music: Kylie's "I could be so lucky.."

UNIFIL Employee: “GOOD GOD, SOMEONE PICK UP! This is the UN calling. That last bomb was way too $%#(@ close!”

IDF: “Please continue to hold. Did you know that you can get most of your questions answered online? Just visit the IDF website and click on "Why are you bombing me?"

UNIFIL Employee: “FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HELP! SOMEONE-“

IDF: “Hi, this is Hanah. How can I help you?”

UNIFIL Employee: “Oh, thank God! I’m calling from the UN post near the border. The bombs are getting closer and closer. Please radio your planes and tell them we’re here.”

IDF: “OK, calm down. Did you say you were with the UN?”

UNIFIL Employee: “YES! We’re near the-“ (LOUD EXPLOSION)
“JESUS CHRIST! DID YOU HEAR THAT!”

IDF: “I did. Is that your TV? You should turn it down-”

UNIFIL Employee: “IT’S NOT MY GOD DAMN TV YOU ZIONIST IDIOT. THAT’S YOUR GOD FORSAKEN WAR PLANES BOMBING THE &$(# OUT OF US!”

IDF: “OK. I’ll see what I can do. But first, a couple questions.”

UNIFIL Employee: “What?”

(continued below)
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 2:00:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Second Part (from above)

IDF: “How long has UNIFIL been in Lebanon?”

UNIFIL Employee: “Huh? I have no idea. Why are you-“ (LOUD EXPLOSION)
HOLY %&#$ WHAT THE-“

IDF: “The correct answer is 28 years.”

UNIFIL Outpost: “YOUR #$&# MOTHER $%%# GOATS YOU $#&# JEWISH $&#$ GIVE ME SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP-“

(EXPLOSION)

UNIFIL Outpost: 'ARRGGH, IT BURNS OK, OK 28 YEARS.”

IDF: “That’s much better. Are you ready for Question 2?”

UNIFIL EMPLOYEE: “Look, you sound like a reasonable woman. Please. I’m worried about-" (EXPLOSION)

“SWEET JESUS OK, OK, QUESTION 2.”

IDF: “In those 28 years, how many times has UNIFIL prohibited Hezbollah from crossing over into Israel to meance Israelis?”

UNIFIL Outpost: “UH. UM. TWICE?”

IDF: “Wrong answer.”

(EXPLOSION)

UNIFIL OUTPOST: “HOLY #$@& PIERRE YOU ARE ON FIRE DROP AND ROLL”

IDF: “The correct answer is never.”

UNIFIL OUTPOST: “KOFI ANNAN IS GOING TO HEAR ABOUT THIS WE ARE PROTECTED BY UN CHARTER. YOU CAN’T DO THIS”

IDF: “Hold on….My pilot is asking if you are the building with the large UN painted on the outside.”

UNIFIL OUTPOST: “YES YES YES THAT’S US SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, TELL HIM-“

IDF: “Yes, he sees you. Thanks for calling the IDF.”

UNIFIL OUTPOST: “Huh? Are we safe now? Can I-“

(EXPLOSION)

ENDS

Spooky Pete
http://spyingbadthings.blogspot.com
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 2:03:02 PM
A few questions for John Lacey.

1. How many nations have used nuclear weapons?
2. How many nations have nuclear weapons and how many?
3. How many nations have used agent orange on an entire nation and continue to refuse to pay the bills for the destruction to the population?
4. How many nations used napalm and have now invented a nice new napalm that vaporises the pesky children and victims so they can't show the world what happened?
5. How many nations drop cluster bombs and food packages of the same colour from the same planes?
6. Which country conveniently forgets to mention that they veto every resolution against Israel even if it is sensible?
7. Which country houses 42% of the world's richest and most powerful Jewish people?
8. Which country has bombed, invaded or changed regimes of about 72 nations in the last 60 years?
9. Which country contains the newly named School of the Americas, the world's biggest terrorist training camp and has done since 1946?
10. Who lost in Vietnam, is losing in Iraq and bunked out of Afghanistan because it all got too hard?
11. Where is the evidence that the Lebanese militia are hiding in the civilians, we know the Israelis' do because they all have to do military service.
12. How come the only UN resolution you want to obey is the settlement of Israel when it was done by the US, UK, France and Germany out of the guilt for the holocaust?
13. Why are so many anglo countries now trying to pretend it was the arabs who committed the holocaust and allowing the Israeli's to steal from them, bomb them, torture them and persecute them?

Come on put up now John.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 2:11:34 PM
Marilyn,
I'll have a guess at the answer, the U.S.A, am I right?
Posted by SHONGA, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 2:34:46 PM
Founder and former President of International Defence Consultants, Inc., John E.Carey works for U.S. national security objectives, military operations and homeland defence.

His own blogs words, I think it says it all.
Posted by Steve Madden, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 2:56:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy