The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A few questions for Kofi Annan > Comments

A few questions for Kofi Annan : Comments

By John E. Carey, published 2/8/2006

For the last 50 years deterrence meant nuclear weapons. Is that next for Hezbollah? Kofi?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
“Well, I don’t mind saying I blame the Hezbollah, their backers in Syria and Iran, and the United Nations.”

Hear, hear! The leftist, pro-terrorist fruitcakes will be rattling their cages in rage at this one. The Lebanese government is the only one he has left off the list, although he mentions Hezbollah members of that disgraceful government. The entire Lebanese government is the ‘enabler’ for terrorists.

Mr. Carey also puts to rest the nonsense of Hezollah's 'primitive' rockets put about by the anti-Semetic, anti-Israel mob
Posted by Leigh, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 9:39:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joh,
Don't worry mate, the yanks have the largest stock of weapons of mass destruction, and they back Isreal to the hilt. When I went to school I was taught "thou shalt not kill" obviously an outdated philosophy.
Posted by SHONGA, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 9:45:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your right Leigh, consider my cage officially rattled.

The responses to this article are so utterly predictable, maybe OLO should move onto another issue, just for the time being.
Posted by Carl, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 9:53:48 AM
work brings freedoom
Posted by Kenny, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 10:10:18 AM
I suppose Hezbollah should do the decent thing and march out to an empty paddock somewhere and wait for the Israeli Airforce to come and engage them in a fair fight.

Or perhaps they should just disarm and start a serious "letters to the Editor" media campaign and undertake some propaganda letter-box drops in Israel.

Why no mention of the myriad UN resolutions that Israel refuses to honor? Or their WMD programme?
Why the disinformation campaign in a lot of the Western media when more and significantly differing detail about the background is appearing in other (non-Muslim) countries?

This campaign seems to be nothing more than a deliberate softening up of public opinion to justify impending attacks on Syria and Iran.

After those two countries fall, the only ones left without a US controlled central banking system will be North Korea, Libya and the Sudan and the oil pipeline from Iraq to Israel (via Syria) can finally be reopened.
Posted by rache, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 11:34:40 AM
For someone who has been a military analyst for 30 years, this piece seems awfully simplistic and somewhat one sided.

"Hezbollah bad. Israel good".

Uh huh. I'm not saying the article is wrong per se - in many ways it is right in terms of the disgusting things Hezbollah is doing.

But to ignore the flaws on behalf of the Israelis does not do the situation any justice at all.

So Kofi Annan should just say what exactly? "Aw shucks, let Israel do their thing? What's the harm in a little bloodshed?"
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 2 August 2006 11:41:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy