The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > All the options under the sun > Comments

All the options under the sun : Comments

By John Mathews, published 14/7/2006

Biofuels is a solution to greenhouse gas emissions and is more appealing than Howard’s nuclear option.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
KAEP

"In the meantime, the worst offenders of home-brew-biodiesel, the truckies, will be coming home to their children .. to find ... Leukaemia and other autoimmune diseases invading their lives."

You have absolutely no evidence for making such a statement, this diminishes your credibility even more. Do you really need to invent "facts" to bolster your argument - disgraceful.

Yes I do have Leukeamia and autoimmune disease.
Posted by Steve Madden, Monday, 31 July 2006 2:09:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
KAEP,
I did give your article attention but I don’t want to change my opinion on the basis of just one article.
If you give me a link to another article that backs up your opinion I will read that as well- but telling me that the one article you presented is all we need to read- hmmm, I can decide for myself how many articles I need to read.
It seems to do it for you, but for me just one article is not convincing enough if there are stacks of other articles discussing the opposite view.
I do like differing opinions, but facts are important to me in forming an opinion.

Anyway, to get on with the discussion, now that we know that you are opposed to biodiesel, what is in your opinion a more appealing solution for reducing greenhouse gas emissions than the nuclear and the biodiesel options and why?

Alchemist,
thanks for the butanol link. Good luck with your butanol/biodiesel system, I like the idea that there’s an environmentally safe cleaning agent as a by-product. Would that be suitable to make your own soap as well?
Posted by Celivia, Monday, 31 July 2006 11:26:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Madden,

Talk about disgraceful. You're the lowest.

You can't win the argument on facts so you present your irrelevant medical history to bolster your IGNORANCE.

Tell me you are a doctor and I'll listen ... maybe.

In the meantime John Howard's biodiesel foray or 'new-ethanol' gambol will do a lot more than melt our carby gaskets I can tell you.

Howard lies about ethanol introduction, kids overboard, workplace relations, the Snowy, Costello, AWB etc etc. He lies to us through his phoney media monopolies that he is the best man for PM when everyone thinks he's a jerk and we are supposed to believe this crap about predominant home brew biodiesel not poisoning our children.

Number one, I can smell the sh$t in the air of a morning, its sickening and its getting worse by the day.

Two, the nature of the smell suggests the main pollutant is aerosolised fat, a polutant form that can penetrate deep lung alveloi spaces.
That means these fats can attach directly to blood corpuscles. White cells will be summoned to interract. That in turn means a load on human immune systems. Sydney is by far the worst affected so some of those immune systems out there in overcrowded, underserved Iemmaland are going to break down. Especially those of children under six years of age whose immune systems are still in training.

Unfortunately for NSW labor politicians, their little Ghibellinettos are just as likely to get Leukaemia as the next child.
So they better do something to outlaw the biodiesel home brewers now. Since that is logistically impossible they had better ban biodiesel in NSW. And since their unsustainable plans for housing 100,000 extra people and CARS in Sydney every year will exacerbate fuel prices and supply they had better rethink that ill advised avarice as well.

The onset of this disease is swift and once cases start hitting the kids' wards there will be an uproar. Its only a matter of time now.

I will be presenting papers to back up these views as time becomes available.
Posted by KAEP, Tuesday, 1 August 2006 2:11:53 AM
(apologies to others for straying off topic but I must set KAEP straight).

Your hypothesis about "aerosolised fat" has no credibility, leukaemia is caused by damage to DNA (in my case del 13q 14.3) and no environmental factor has been proven to cause this damage (except for ionising radiation at chernobyl levels).

Benzene has been linked but a recent 30 year study of Australian refinery workers showed no corelation (in fact lung cancer rates were significantly lower - probably due to not smoking around petrol).

Are you trying to tell me that fats attach themselves to red blood cells? or that the immune system, B-lymphocytes T-lymphocytes Natural Killer cells etc fail because of these fats? Crap both ways I'm sorry.

If you can show me evidence that these fats damage DNA and the process of how this occurs then you may have some credibility but you cannot and thus have no credibility.

Leukaemias are a genetic disease, these are the facts, if you do not have the damaged DNA you do not get Leukaemia.

No I am not a doctor, but I "talk" to world experts on a daily basis. Currently I am involved in raising US$120,000 to study Epstein Bar Virus in leukeamia a study to be conducted by The Mayo Clinic.(EBV has been shown to permanently damage CD8+ T Cells, it is these T Cells that kill defective, cancerous cells before they can proliferate) I would not waste money on aerosolised fat.

I look forward to reading the papers you cite, who wrote them? I am sure I will find no scientific facts to support your point of view.
Posted by Steve Madden, Tuesday, 1 August 2006 7:35:20 AM
Steve, I believe Kaep has made his situation eminently clear, his posts and supporting facts, speak for themselves.

This is an interesting site, its give a few more facts and a neat peak oil meter. Not sure about its veracity, but the rate of consumption is interesting.

http://www.etruk.co.uk/html/useful_facts.htm

Celivia, the glycerine makes excellent soap, I use it straight, sometime with some alovera or eucalyptus oil. You can refine it even further but its not worth the effort. The grey water doesn't harm your garden and washes clothes really well (squeeze lemon) and they come out soft. Different crops provide different glycerine.

I don't see biofuels as the whole solution, we may be near a new form of propulsion. Along with other energy sources, we'll go forward environmentally and technologically. It'll only be a couple of years before we have non degrading electrical storage and the new solar cell technology means much cheaper better systems.

http://www.hydrogen.asn.au/SolarBall-Solar-Energy.htm

http://www.greenandgoldenergy.com.au/

I believe the cells and batteries are derived from the ones made for the Mars rovers, developed from the experimental ones, on the two voyager space craft still sending back info after 30 years and so far from the sun, it looks like another star and now outside our solar system.

If we can only get rid of the vested interest politics from our future, we may have a good chance of getting through these coming changes. As for smell, again different feed stock gives different smells. But I prefer the slight wisp of fish and chips, or even a barbie, than fine particle saturated petro/diesel any day. If you live in a city, I doubt you'd notice a vehicle on biodiesel through the toxic soup on our roads.
Posted by The alchemist, Tuesday, 1 August 2006 8:15:08 AM
Alchemist:"If we can only get rid of the vested interest politics from our future, we have a chance of getting through these changes"

What this individual really means is: If we can only get rid of the truth from our future, vested interest politics may have a good chance of getting through these coming changes and making a FORTUNE before the electors realise what's goin' on.

And Madden: Don't worry about REALITY. Its so clear you have already made up your mind and your bed.

Your statement: " I am sure I will find no scientific facts to support your point of view" is pure neanderthal IGNORANCE.
The rest of us will be watching the hospital statistics. It won't be long before we see significant changes in Leukaemia admissions if Iemma doesn't do something about home-brew-biodiesel in NSW.

As far as the rest of Australia is concerned, I don't really care because Canberra has dumped NSW with almost its total immigration burden and then fiscally and morally turned its back on us.

Oh sure, NATIONALLY averaged economic stats make immigration look marginaly in the black, but NSW (particularly rural NSW ) is going 'under' with this unjust and unfair burden. and with a NSW State Labor Government all too willing to trade in post ministerial jobs at the expense of good governance.

And Celivia:

the alternative is to use Fischer-Tropsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer-Tropsch_process) to make $35-$55 a barrel synthetic fuels from plentiful coal and other carbon rich sources.
We will be lucky if serious technology becomes available for high-energy-density, high-online-capacity alternatives in the next 20 years. Oil companies aided by US and Saudi governments have hogged technology to sustain their humungous monopolies and profits and now we are all going to pay for that by having to wear fossil fuels till the lost research opportunities are regained.

But Australia simply has to solve the 'mid east dependence' security problem first. by large investment in F-T. Without security concerns arising from fuel shortages and suborn mid-east influences we have a chance to be forerunners in new fuel technology research for the entire world.
Posted by KAEP, Tuesday, 1 August 2006 2:09:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy