The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to evict Big Brothel > Comments

Time to evict Big Brothel : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 6/7/2006

Peeping toms used to be arrested. Now the Ten Network gets big money for encouraging us all to be voyeurs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. All
Kvw,I think I explained that in my post to Wendy, so to avoid repeating myself, you should perhaps reread it?

To Philo, I dont know how I managed to 3 posts in that particular time frame, sometimes it happens that way, a bit of a fluke perhaps?Im new to this forum so Im not sure what your experience is re this question.

Kvw to try to answer your question as to PG ratings and BB, well I dont know,but this is almost certain,BB will be back next year and maybe they will take on board some of the public concerns regarding suitable timeslots.That at least will be one good thing to come out of all this debate.
Posted by OZGIRL, Sunday, 6 August 2006 11:03:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OZGIRL in saying "Kvw to try to answer your question as to PG ratings and BB", perhaps you need to read your own comments because wasn't it you who said Big Brother is suitable for Children?

And hopefully this time my question will be answered, as I would not considered your comments left at Sunday, 6 August 2006 11:03:29 PM, as an answer in fact I would considered by doing this you are doging my question.
Posted by Kwv, Monday, 7 August 2006 1:44:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Although many find its content rather entertaining, which does not include me; it really is not suitable at early time slots. To take a positive out of the incident though, many people have come to terms with a way to behave and actions such as these on women are not appropriate. So, even though the show sells itself on promiscuity, there is at least some degree of morals that still demonstrate to the youth that do watch the show, on how not to behave.
Posted by Epithemeos, Monday, 7 August 2006 7:43:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Snout

You are truly, a real man. No I do not wish you to change your moniker. If any confusion occurs it is more indicative of the reader's powers of analysis, although we do appear to have similar ideologies on certain topics we find compelling, I am sure that we can dispell any cases of mistaken identity.

You are, of course, quite correct with your reference to Harper Lee - To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favourite novels and I always admired the courage of Scout. Dob dob, dib dib.

Wendy

The problem with your posts is that you respond with personal abuse to others who disagree with you. The idea of debate is to refute another's opinion with cogent arguments of your own instead of abuse. Nor does generalising win any points either. Remember, different strokes for different folks. Also you failed to acknowledge my point that there are far more 'dangerous' programs on TV than BB, which also require parental supervision. This indicates you are not interested in debate as you concentrate on perceived insults rather than the topic.

Ozgirl

I understand your pain when people make generalised and insulting remarks about single parents. That you are participating in this online forum indicates your sincere concern about topical issues. However, often when people hurl abuse on these forums they are merely 'trolling' - that is looking for someone to aggravate. There are times when bringing someone eg Wendy to account may be appropriate, but most of the time it is better to let their own words stand as their own miserable contributions. Most people can read between the lines. And people like Wendy do not do themselves any favours with their diatribe - any credibility they may have is lost. Best just to write another post emphasizing your POV and ignore them completely.

Regards
Posted by Scout, Monday, 7 August 2006 8:59:59 AM
Kwv and Scout,

Kwv I do not know anything about reasons for programming into certain timeslots and and I certainly do not know anything about scheduling,that is up to individual stations discretionary wisdom.
They have guidelines regarding 'code violations' they must adhere to, so Im assuming and trusting that they do..Maybe these guidelines need to be more stringent and perhaps be revisited, because clearly there are some people who clearly disagree in the community,such as your good self.As for my opinion regarding if my children watching or not,there was one on this forum, who quite rightly pointed out that I do monitor and guide my children thru dubious content to educate my child and ensure they are not left confused or left with any anxiety about what they have seen. Sometimes, it has been stated, programs are shown in childrens veiwing time that do have a negative impact, the news was cited as one and I do not let my children watch it,but there is a program on abc 'Behind the News ' that explains content to kids and they do tune in to that.

Scout I realise your completely right about Wendy,and the trolling question did enter my mind.She has woven this insult into almost every post in relation to me,I thought Id finally get her to actually explain her convictions but she declined.

The only reason I rose to the bait was in some instances silence is regarded as an admission ,of sorts ,that she is right.Even though I believe I should not have to be put in the position in the 1st place of feeling it necessary to defend myself .I tried to ignore her but...
cheers
Posted by OZGIRL, Monday, 7 August 2006 3:24:42 PM
OZGIRL,
Posted by OZGIRL, Saturday, 5 August 2006 5:00:48 PM

Posted by OZGIRL, Saturday, 5 August 2006 5:04:20 PM

Posted by OZGIRL, Saturday, 5 August 2006 5:46:37 PM

Posted by OZGIRL, Saturday, 5 August 2006 10:43:43 PM

Maximum of 5 posts in any given 24 hour period.
No more than 2 posts per article in any given 24 hour period.

How have you beat the system? Three within a hour and one 5 hours later. Please reveal your secret.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 7 August 2006 11:22:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy