The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to evict Big Brothel > Comments

Time to evict Big Brothel : Comments

By Bill Muehlenberg, published 6/7/2006

Peeping toms used to be arrested. Now the Ten Network gets big money for encouraging us all to be voyeurs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. All
Scout, point taken. Kwv, I never said BB was suitable for children, find it then quote me on the exact wording, I said the content was not offensive(in a general sense, the daily show )and Wendy go look up the dreaded'B' word, ie:bigot. Every time you post you sound more and more illogical(sorry Scout, in this case it fits) and your ignorance only serves to work against you...you steroetype,not just me, but most groups,and you cant put together a credible arguement...you resort to insults to deflect from the fact you simply dont know what your talking about.
Posted by OZGIRL, Sunday, 6 August 2006 1:22:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Scout,

When I chose my moniker I didn't realise that someone with a very similar title would also choose to post on many of the subjects of interest for me. "Snout" is a name I use quite frequently in other contexts, and refers to some charcteristics of a very dear companion of mine. I'm guessing, but I'm assuming your name has more to do with Harper Lee than Robert Baden Powell.

From reading the broad thread of your posts I'm very happy to be accidentally associated with your views, but I understand it could cause confusion, particularly when we differ on fine points or questions of taste.

If it is problematic for you I'd be happy to go back and change my name. :-)
Posted by Snout, Sunday, 6 August 2006 4:18:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wendy ,could you tell me why the fact Im a single mum has anything to do with this topic?
'you think someone whos partner is in jail for 5 years and who lives off welfare is a good role model?'Your words.

You glean so much from so little!You say I live off welfare, an assumption on your behalf..I actually did point out to another on this forum that the realities of welfare should in actual fact be a deterrent to any young girl believing she would have an easy life by having a baby.Yes I have taken advantage of the help available to me, a matter having no choice, and I do not feel bad about that..I do have a part time job and do a little voluntary work at a senior citizens aged care home.This also ties in with my degree.

Id like to know, if I took on full time employment, who would take care of my children,since my partner is no longer living,I cannot afford childcare , (family living interstate )on the little I earn in conjunction with a part pension.Do I leave them to fend for themselves and along with that all the problems entailed there.?Or do I stay home for a few yrs and give my kids at least the one parent they now have to care for them.?If I didnt wouldnt that then present in years to come, the problem of my children involved in crime, drug use, menace to society etc.A few yrs now for the long term good of my children and community cohesion.?
Like I said Wendy thankfully, you are able to take the high moral ground here, and know your children are living in a home where they have you and your dedicated husband, to teach them morals and John Howards ideaolgical standards of decency to enable them in turn to carry on your kindness and compassion to people like me and so make society a better place.. Sorry Kwv Im off topic I know but she just wont let it rest.Im done with it now too .
Posted by OZGIRL, Sunday, 6 August 2006 6:18:12 PM
Robert Ozgirl and Scout.

Ozgirl First

You did say you allow your kids to watch BB and cant see anything wrong with it.

You went on to say it was education and you didnt let them watch it alone.

You have claimed that BB is fine for kids all the way through.

Robert What I said was the 7pm time should be changed.

I did not say ban it all together.

Actually at first I did but decided against it for all the reasons you pointed out.

If you read all the posts you will find I set that out very clearly.

I said it offends elderly because we attend three nursing homes four times a week.

The BB thing has been a big topic with them.

Oh and there are no live exporters or even x farmers amoung them
this is the Gold Coast.

I dont mind offending people who are reasonsibly for cruelty to animals.

I however prefer to do more than just offend them.

As you seem to support that as well I can only suspect you are a offender yourself.

The bottom line here is there are people who do not like BB and then some who do.

As far as I am concered I am just going to leave it at that.

I have had my say and can see no point entering into a small battle over it.
I dont like the morals of people I am trying to correspond with.

I have said what I meant and meant what I said.
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Sunday, 6 August 2006 6:24:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wendy, I see, as Scout pointed out, you really DONT LIKE criticism do you?
Now would you please answer my question?

Do you actually have any kids of your own?
Posted by OZGIRL, Sunday, 6 August 2006 6:44:48 PM
OZGIRL along the lines you use, could you tell me why the fact you are asking questions or writing comments that have nothing to do with Big Brother?
Posted by Kwv, Sunday, 6 August 2006 7:11:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. All