The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mums off bums > Comments

Mums off bums : Comments

By Cireena Simcox, published 14/6/2006

Without easily available child care the cycle of poverty will continue for many single parents.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Unfortunately these posts on single mothers brings out the aptly named 'narcists' and boring Bruce's, not to mention the virtuous Wendy's, oh and let's not forget the pitiable Fishman .

Wendy: She's not a single Mother … she has a partner there. May not have a ring on the finger, but she's not single. She's half of a partnered family. How can you link your disapproval of a partnered woman with four kids to single mothers?

And you yah twat Bruce… very few people would choose to be a single mother. Most single mothers have one child, are in their thirties, and became mothers during marriage. Most do go on to further education if they haven't got it already… but it still doesn't magically create child care spaces…. Married women are also finding themselves in the same predicament.

The article was on child care availability … not an opportunity to kick butts using fallacies e.g. pitiable Fishman

What a load of cr@p. The average women DOES NOT receive $100/week in child support. This is the minority. 40% receive the minimum of $6. As child support goes up, parenting payment goes down, as does rent assistance. What are you going on about $137 plus $110 per child… what rot….$965 per fortnight …. b*llsh*t…. you don't know what your talking about… and you're sprouting off like you're an expert on single mothers income ... and there's very few bulk billing clinics left anymore.

THE AVERAGE TIME-FRAME FOR SINGLE PARENTS RECEIVING WELFARE IS 2-3 YEARS.

What a bunch of ignorant, uneducated, opinionated social misfits that berate single mothers at every opportunity... geez what low-lives we have in this country... stroking their own egos at the expense of women.
Posted by Liz, Saturday, 1 July 2006 2:47:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just browsing and read through these comments...what no one has addressed, especially the fellows commenting, is that in order to be a single mother,at some time an uncovered male penis had to be utilised to impregnate. Now, I ask, after this event, which no doubt was great fun for at least the fellow, after all its a dead certantity he climaxed, who is in fact irresponsible? Making Whoopee is a two person job - when fellows are resonsible for their own fertility, then we may have some equality. Another thought, I wonder how many fellows would be really pleased for a woman to give brith to a baby, then immediately hand it over to daddy - see you lata - but then if they did that they would be dammed as bad mothers as well. Maybe we should reconsider compulsory adoption as it was back prior to the mid 1970's - after all lots of people cant have kids and would love to have someone else's mistake. Solve all the problems.
Posted by dott, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 9:21:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gee Dot - typical of the misandrist waffle that infests these blogs.

You (and your ilk) can't and won't, see past your own myopic single view feminist perspectives.

As a 'Single Dad' who has been subjected (from my ex wife) to ALL of the archtypical 'abuses' which the feminazis always accuse men of perpetrating, I find your comment offensive, and abusive and will be contacting the mediator to have it removed.

Let's see: physical abuse, financial abuse, death threats, sexual abuse, emotional abuse. Abandonment of her children after the foaming at the mouth, manhater crew from Marcia Womens Refuge (circa 1993- 1994)in Campbelltown made threatening gestures to my family outside the Local court.

Family Court awarded Sole Custody due to the mother not wanting anything to do with her sons. This same 'wimmins refuge' could not even provide adequate bedding and such for kids on access visits. Consequently...
Both boys were hospitalised with severe pneumonia after returning from their last vist there in August 1994.

In 13 + years - No telephone calls, no birthday cards, no Christmas cards from a so called 'Born Again Christian' mother to her sons.

Please give the tired, worn out bit about male appendages a break!
The undocumented statistics show wimmin to be just as capable of abuse as men - it just doesn't make the news because of the agenda's afoot.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 10:47:17 PM
By the way 'DOTT' your prophesy was realised in my circumstances. I have overnight "gone to bed and slept with..." (your wish that:) men take a more nurturing role in the upbringing of the fruit of their loins. My youngest son was still in nappies and being bottle fed when 'mumsie' went AWOL. I quit full time work with a good well paid job to care for my progeny. Are you better in demeanour now knowing that 1 member of the male gender has 'subscribed' to your view?

Why do you even mention such inane verbiage - to get a bite ?
To self gratify that ALL men are like the blokes you had the misfortune to meet? Get over it - please, and move on.

I'm not a Robina Carusoe either. There are more & more men in very similar straits to my own. How about we all start caring for the people who are without exception affected deeply by the issues being discussed in this thread - the kids.

The whole inter-relationship has been eroded and diminished by the vested interests that are trying their damn best to undermine families in the traditional sense. Lack of :Child care placements, Family Day carers, centres which are easily accessible/affordable - enforcement of work return for Sole parents...the list goes on Dott.

As I said in an earlier post, the feminazi's are now being hoist upon their own petards and they don't like it! Still they waffle about 'wimmins rights....' What about the 'rights' of those most precious to each and every society on this Earth? The Children!
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 6:59:12 AM
Hi Albi, you may be surprised to know that I married a solo parent with three young kids, because I admired their fortitude and parenting commitment. They were finding it hard to keep a decent job. After we married they soared to great career heights. I fully understand the trials of solo parenting and the other issues you mention. But that is besides the point I was making.

Derogatory statements are targeted specifically to women, as opposed to solo parents in general such as:

“Future generations of irresponsible breeding machines to remain permanently attached and suckling off the public teat.”

“they lack the self control to participate creatively and equitably in a relationship”

“contemptible disregard for their own responsibilities”.

“ at the end of the day they have their own choices”.

“a stampede of unworthy, bloodsucking, freeloaders”.

The responsibility for sustaining a relationship lies equally with both parties. The elements that contribute to a breakdown are usually contributed by both partners, albeit in differing amounts.

And what of the child born from a ‘casual’ relationship. Sex sells. Pity that after every MTV video clip, a little add for condoms or birth control pills does not appear.

Where the pregnancy was ‘unplanned’ who is to blame for lack\ failure of contraception? By branding all solo mothers as above, without being fully conversant with each and every situation, you are also affecting the children they raise. It would not be easy being known as the son or daughter of the local “bloodsucking freeloading breeding machine”.

One person is close to the point “people do not need to qualify or be tested for their suitability to either marry or worse, procreate”, hopefully his statement is gender equal.

To close with a popular song “it takes two baby….it takes two…and when a finger is pointed in blame, observe the direction of the other three.

Oh.. I dedicate much of my free time addressing the wrongs done to children by parents, courts, education and medical systems. Not bad for a what was it ? a feminazi?
Posted by dott, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 7:43:17 PM
Dott

Thank you for pointing out the obvious - that it takes two.

Single parents - male or female are doing it hard and name-calling helps no one.

Pro-children legilsation would ensure that affordable child care is available to all, currently that is simply not the case. Blaming people for breeding is as absurd as it is irrational and again does nothing to help children, who are surely our priority as a civlised nation.
Posted by Scout, Thursday, 6 July 2006 11:20:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy