The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > ... And at least another ten years to undo the damage > Comments

... And at least another ten years to undo the damage : Comments

By Lyn Allison, published 2/3/2006

John Howard - skilled politician and the consummate con artist.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Lyn who?

People key saying that Howard lied, That is, delibrately quoting untruths when KNOWING the truth. Well if so I hope they or their friends bring forward evidence as labour would truly love to see it and use it. Obviously these people can find it despite the majority of the media -left wing at that and pollies that would search for that. And also take it up to the French and German intellegent agencies that supplied a significant amount of pre Iraq war intelligence.
Posted by The Big Fish, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:29:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hear, hear Lyn!

If only the Liberals had managed the economy. They haven't and one day Australia will wake to see the economy in ruin much like it was in the 1930s all due to the myriad of small decisions the Liberals have made over the past decade.

How many unemployed Australian IT workers are aware that in Dec 1999 Alexander Downer was encouraging industries to outsource their IT work to India. We should have been deaf, poor memory, gun toting wheat dealers and we would have earned $1 million for 10 months work.
Posted by billie, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:38:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are as Aussie as they come Pom, thus you call yourself pom instead of a brit.

Steady on old chap, you are entitled to your opinion. I only attack those who attack me personally, or who i refute.

Nothing is perfect, name one government on the globe who is?

Nothing will ever be perfect, there will always be problems, but at least we have got an experienced committed leader. I dont support the liberals, i support a good leader. Yes he lies, they all do, if they told the truth every day we would all run around frantic, that is the nature of the job.

Any role in life consists of putting on a facade, i suggest most of you have a facade at work aswell. Rip the guts out of a fellow Australian still having a go, not sitting there at his age doing nothing. He leads our country well, better than alternates and pom if you think you are coming into the fire here in Aussie, dont go to 90% of the worlds less fortunate nations, you would be in A FURNACE.

Its all good, there will be a revolution and a changing of the guard with a new political party, otherwise Johnny will grow old gracefully in his chair.
Posted by Realist, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:40:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To borrow from the borrowed chant of Kim Huynh.

"Booyakasha Lyn Allison! Big Up Yourself!"
Posted by keith, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:45:17 AM
There is a remarkable divergence in the posts here. On one side there are people who say Howard is dreadful on an absolute level, on the other there are people saying "don't be unreasonable, who else could we choose?"
The first lot led off by the vacuous ninny who wrote the article are simply dishonest. Comparing anything with perfection will always result in its failure. Logical judgements in politics must be made relative to the choice available.
Posted by Bull, Thursday, 2 March 2006 12:33:47 PM
The article is essentially another left-wing whinge in lieu of doing anything positive. Sure Howard's got his problems, but tell me what PM hasn't had any.

I tell you what would be the real disaster - if Allison & Co had their hands on the tiller of the country.
Posted by RobP, Thursday, 2 March 2006 12:58:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All