The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Iran flirting with the nuclear genie > Comments

Iran flirting with the nuclear genie : Comments

By Gary Brown, published 23/1/2006

Gary Brown argues Iran is playing with fire by resuming its nuclear fuel cycle program.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Thanks Gary for your article.

Some know I am repeating myself but today Spengler wrote this article 'Why the West will attack Iran'.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/others/spengler.html

All his articles are thought provoking.

This development should shake us from our massive ignorance. An ignorance Daniel Pipes argued was almost preternatural in wickedness and self deception.
Posted by Martin Ibn Warriq, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 7:42:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Martin,

I have looked over your links and am going to get around to reading them, thanks and keep posting them as people will eventully pick up on them. I read Pipes often, hes a perceptive guy.

im hammerign these bits of info they are more localized the first is a survey result on sharia in Indo the second is what keysar trad actully thinks of Australia in his own words.

http://www.infid.be/radical_survey.htm#Intolerance%20Is%20Still%20Hig

http://www.islam.org.au/articles/16/RACISM.HTM
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 10:44:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am sick & tired of hearing Muslims use the argument that the west is hypocritical because we have nuclear technology, that it is their right also, and so on.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't know if any of you are into Star Trek, but in that excellent show, the Federation (which I see as basically the world in the future - where everyone respects western developed human rights & are enlightened as opposed to dogmatic) has what is called "THE PRIME DIRECTIVE". This is a policy whereby they aren't allowed to interfere with lesser cultures, can't give them technology and so on.

How dare Iran think they have a right to the pinnacle of western science? The Islamic world wouldn't even have electricity if not for the west, it is really frustrating that our leaders don't take this line. Why should a closed, dogmatic, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, society benefit from the ideas & labour of open democracies?

Daniel Pipes is a perceptive guy Meredith, and thanks for those links about Trad. He is a homophobic bigot who needs to be exposed. If you don't already know, here are some links to a meeting Trad attended in 2002 at the University of Western Sydney, where he told Muslims to ignore anti-discrimination laws regarding homosexuals.

http://www.greenleft.org.au/back/2002/519/519p7b.htm

Further, there are Trad's comments on Iraqi aid worker Margaret Hassan, in which he said her death was "as callous as the death of an insurgent". Also, he commented that Australian captive Douglas Wood was "ungrateful, as they did feed & cloth him, and give him medicine" regarding the terrorists who kidnapped him.

Why the media speak to this bigot is beyond me. What says more though is how the Islamic community don't see the need to replace their bigoted leaders.
Posted by Benjamin, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 11:24:57 AM
Meredith

I just read your link..unbelievable. It is disgraceful that this man can be so racist to say that Australians "have beer for blood", that our culture is one of "drunkeness & paedophilia" and not be in serious trouble. If he said those things to any other group he'd likely be killed for it.

But paedohilia part of Australian culture? How bizarre, especially considering the Prophet Mohammed, if alive today, would be arrested for being one. Also, Khoemeini, as well as many prominent Muslims, who took child brides to emulate the prophet. In Islam, a girl is considered a woman at age nine, and can be married. Thankfully, western influence has stopped this paedophillic practise in many parts, but there is still much work to do.

Trad must think this way as it is only our culture that acknowledges paedophilia exists, but to think it a western thing is nonsense. I saw a documentary last year about a mosque in England, where a family took the cleric to court for molesting their boy. Now, one would expect the parisheners to be supportive, but typically, they threatened them with death, spat at them, and so on. This was in England!

One can only imagine how bad it is in Islamic nations. Also,late last year on SBS there was an Aussie expat who set up TV station in Afghanistan. He made a program about (are you reading Trad) Afghanistans rampant paedophilia (which is easy to see when you look at all those filthy old men in the markets you always see) but the station was firebombed after it aired. It showed many families where fathers molested daughters, some using Islam as a defence.

But on Trad, it makes me ill that he thinks of himself as a leftie when he has said things not unlike NAZIs.
Posted by Benjamin, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 11:37:39 AM
benjamin, you do know that without the muslim cultures of the past we would not be likely to have electricity either, or the atomic weapon.

Iran cannot have nuclear power or weapons because it has signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty, which legally binds them not to try and get them. If we explained to muslims that trying to develop nuclear weapons is like breaking an oath, perhaps they will listen given the high prominence of promises in their culture.

Should they withdraw from the treaty, or continue to develop weapons then surely we should go to war! (and it would be fully legal, as securing the implementation of one of humanity's most important agreements.

Your post, benjamin, regarding the west as having a right to these technologies, due to thier development, shows a marked lack of legal understanding.
Posted by fide mae, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 12:14:15 PM
Gary

I appreciate your presentation of the the political setting for a strike against Iran.

For my views on what TARGETS would be hit and WEAPONS used see the new article on my blog "Spookey Pete" on http://spyingbadthings.blogspot.com/

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 1:10:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy