The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Iran flirting with the nuclear genie > Comments

Iran flirting with the nuclear genie : Comments

By Gary Brown, published 23/1/2006

Gary Brown argues Iran is playing with fire by resuming its nuclear fuel cycle program.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Fide Mae: You are wrong about the NPT. It does not forbid acquisition of nuclear power or other civilian uses; only weapons are forbidden. Iran has the right to develop N-power under the treaty. Whether it is wise to excercise that right is of course another Q.

Plantagenet: an excellent analysis on yr blog of options, weapons & platforms for a poss strike. Your warning about Russian op intell feed to Teheran is particularly cogent. Just the same I think the US or a surrogate might still make the attempt.
Posted by Mhoram, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 8:38:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Mhoram

Yes I agree that if Iran continues its nuclear development a Western country or group of them will very likely strike Iran. If the US and perhaps the UK do not strike then I think Israel will attempt to hit Iran.

As a I said on my blog the real danger with Israel is that its aircraft and missiles weapons are far less numerous than the US's and of slightly lower quality.

This shortfall may encourage Israel to use "mininukes", particularly against deep bunker targets which have been theoretically impervious to conventional air attack.

First use of nuclear weapons in the Middle East would of course be a world wide military, economic and human disaster.

Pete
http://spyingbadthings.blogspot.com/
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 24 January 2006 11:39:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmm yes this little man in power in Iran has already got to big for his boots, and i think he is leading his people into a nasty situation. He really needs to realize that saying things like he will goto MAX production of uranium for weapons has to one of the stupidest things i have ever seen a leader of a nation say in my life time.

He seriously wants to do it pretty quick, build his bombs, test them, because the west already as an arsenal that could basically wipe him and any and every other idiot nation from the surface of the earth.

But I think the USA or some one will hopefully just do an air strike and take out the reactor, cause a bit of a nuke waste problem in the country, stop all trade & starve there people, and put this truly crazy man out of power.

If they carry on after that, I guess the west will just have to do the unthinkable and remove Iran from the map, followed by anyone else who wants to basically insult the rest of the world.
Posted by dot net noobie, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 12:02:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is sad but these people are pushing and pushing, and soon there going to find out what there really dealing with. and if it means a country like Iran is used to make an example to the rest of the world, then thats what it is going to take.

Someone needs to educate these people that the west has the hardware, and it is not going to let people like this destroy our way of life.

we will and can destroy them before they blink and eye lid, take the oil and go.

Also what happens to these poor people in 20 30 years when oil is over, they got nothing but a dust bowl, they should be planing for the future long term, making a friends not offending the richest and most powerful parts of the world.

I mean China are Smart, they making friends and trading partners as fast as they can, why don't these other people do the same?
Posted by dot net noobie, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 12:02:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Meredith

You have to read this one from Daniel Pipes

http://jewishworldreview.com/0106/pipes2006_01_24.php3
Posted by Martin Ibn Warriq, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 8:59:09 AM
Plantaganet:

Do U really think the Israelis wd be mad enough to use the 1st nuke in anger since Nagasaki? I really doubt that. If U R right then as U say it wd be a catastrophe of major proportions for future Mid E and global stability. I do not think the US wd countenance it, myself. I think the Israelis have nukes solely as insurance against being pushed into the sea by an overwhelming conventional offensive - any lesser threat wd be dealt with by lesser means. I hope.
Posted by Mhoram, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 7:43:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy