The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anecdotal evidence points to relief for MS sufferers > Comments

Anecdotal evidence points to relief for MS sufferers : Comments

By Cris Kerr, published 3/1/2006

Cris Kerr argues low-dose Naltrexone is a viable treatment option for multiple sclerosis sufferers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Well Steve, you sure are bitter and twisted, to go through all my posts to find nothing. My time line fits perfectly, with all I say.

Who is this john you allege I paste and post from. Unlike you I have no interest in attacking people, I have a go at their beliefs. It's amusing, you see how secure they are in those beliefs. Those that are clinging to illusions, always attack. Those that are confident and secure in their beliefs, no matter what they are, just have a bit of a giggle and carry on, I respect that.

My business is hospitality and tourism, nothing to do with my helping others. Maybe your one of those people who only sees economics. Whilst some give freely, in thanks for every day they wake up. Maybe they like to see those that can, or may not make it, have break, relax a bit, sort their head out a bit. Even if they can't do it for their body.

Two or 3 a year come for a break, for peace and quite, good food air and water. They don't pay or stop taking medication, nor undergo treatments. We help them to be confident, no matter the outcome. Good food, diet and attitude does wonders, its not quackery, just common sense. Sure your not still in denial, instead of being at peace with yourself and the world.

Your accusing me of being a phony, just after more business, unlike your doctors, I give help freely.

I can understand the fear and apprehension you have with knowing the timing of your passing. If it makes you feel better abusing people with unwarranted and false accusations, then go ahead. It doesn't bother me.

After all that, I wish you well in your future. Knowing you will cope in the end, the only other choice is to fall apart. Only the very weak do that, most are very strong. A time around a palliative ward, was at John James Memorial in Canberra, when I worked in the coffee shop.
Posted by The alchemist, Monday, 9 January 2006 5:48:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alchemist.

We are probably boring others with our little spat.

Email me at bimini2@bigpond.net.au if you would like to continue this discussion. My major disagreement is maybe terminology, incurable versus terminal. I know I cannot be cured but that does not mean I will fade away in pity.

Cheers
Steve
Posted by Steve Madden, Monday, 9 January 2006 6:17:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Henery,

Yes, you’re spot on. We have heard it all before – treatments with promise that lead to nothing.

Naltrexone, however; is not a mysterious underground, hidden treatment. Naltrexone is approved as a treatment for recovering addicts but is not yet an approved treatment for MS - because it has not been tested as an MS treatment through clinical trials.

I hope you’ll agree… if a treatment shows promise (any treatment - Naltrexone or other), society should be motivated to prove or disprove efficacy through clinical trial in the hope it may benefit others. The problem is that clinical trials require funding and there is little incentive to fund a lengthy trial for a drug that is no longer protected.

In recording successes, the ‘Case Health – Health Success Stories’ website collects anecdotal evidence which, over time, holds promise of becoming statistically significant - as is the case with LDN.

It’s wise to reflect on past experience and be wary but that shouldn’t result in automatic disqualification of all treatments that hold promise of success.

I hope you’ll visit www.casehealth.com.au and read some or all of the stories attributed to LDN. In particular, if you’re suspicious about benefits for MS because MS can be misdiagnosed, please read all the LDN associated stories by entering ‘LDN’ as a keyword search term. You’ll find a recent HIV success story amongst them that may give cause for further consideration.

Regards,
Cris
Posted by Cris Kerr, Tuesday, 10 January 2006 9:25:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
APOLOGY

I received four blank success story submissions because the submission process malfunctioned recently.

The process is working again now but ... if you recently submitted a story it has been lost - a victim of software gremlins!

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wish to resubmit your success story I'd like to make the process as easy as I can for you.

You can send your story via the email contact form, I'll complete the rest.

Regards,
Cris
Posted by Cris Kerr, Friday, 13 January 2006 6:28:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy