The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > From cuisine to separatist multiculturalism > Comments

From cuisine to separatist multiculturalism : Comments

By David Flint, published 2/8/2005

David Flint argues Australians should be asked if they want Australia to be declared multicultural.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
Enforced multiculturalism has failed in Australia,leaving us with disparate tribes. We will never know what the reuslt would have been had we been allowed to discuss it, and reasoned voices from all cultural backgrounds had been heard.

Now, we have been forced one dangerous step further with large numbers (relative to the host population)of people whose religion - Islam - appears inseparable from their culture and dominates their entire lives, including their attitudes to democracy and an inability to tolerate our Western way of life. It has to be said: Islam in not compatible with Western culture. I do no say that Islam is bad, wrong or weird. Nor do I say, as an Anglo/Saxon/Celtic Australian that our way is the best. But, I do say that the two do not mix. This cruel attempt at social engineering is as harmful to Muslims as it is to the host population, and I am baffled that Muslims ever thought that they could be happy living in Western society.
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 2 August 2005 12:28:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said DAvid and also to Leigh.. !

David said:

In this extreme form, multiculturalism recognises the special rights of cultural communities, separating them and giving them a special role, financial benefits and other advantages in the nation’s affairs. This even extends to the toleration of exceptions from the law or of a different treatment under the law.

Exactly ! which is what we must avoid like the plague. To pander to each and every culture rather than they pandering to the predominant one, is not only ludicrous it is insulting and racist.

That Emergency services people have to keep in mind 'special' procedures for dealing with Muslims, implies they have to take special procedures for EVERY religious or cultural group and that, is downright STUPID not to mention impractical. Imagine, they have to first check on the 'ethnicity/religion of the people bleeding to death on the sidewalk to ensure 'culturally compatable service'. God forbid they encounter a mixed marraige.

When I read that a Magistrate in Sydney dismissed a case against some Muslim families 'not carrying out the search in a way compatable with the Muslim inhabitants,where Kg of top heroin was found, where even the children spat on and abused the police, for , my blood boiled and continues to boil.

see this

http://www.quadrant.org.au/php/archive_details_list.php?article_id=581

My feeling is to round up Viet Vets, RSL, Rotary, Lions, and have a 1000 man peaceful march from one end of Telopea St Punchbowl to the other, and stand in silence outside the home of those the police know about.

When we wake up and demand of our government that it make 'compliance, compatability and committment' to the prevailing culture a condition of entry and citizenship, with conditional review periods, the happier we will all be. This is not to say that they throw out their culture, but anything which might CONFLICT with the prevailing, must GO ! Full Stop ! Either it goes, or the people don't. (come)

Migrants who come here know they have never had it so good, lets keep it that way.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 2 August 2005 1:43:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It must be the equivalent of a neo-con full moon? Right (bat) wing vampires are flapping madly about looking anything that appears to be remotely multicultural to sink their fangs into.

David Flint and John Stone have obviously seen recent world events as a cue to line with their ol' faithful chants about non white immigration again. But beware, they've been careful not make their bigotries sound too acerbic and fanatical.

Eloquently demonstrating their prowess to articulate their views through a new kind racism, a racism that avoids the language of biological determinism, Instead they adopt a wishy-washy form of cultural determinism (and a select cultural history.

Flint does not provide one bit of evidence of any ethnic or racial group that does not “embrace the language, the core values and the institutions of the nation, particularly the rule of law, representative democracy, equality and freedom of speech”.

Why not? Well, he knows that the dog whistle still works well and he can leave it up to ‘real Australians’ to decide who these people are. My bet is for the Muslims right at this moment in time. But in time is will move on to other convenient social and cultural scape goats.

I could go one but won't. I find their frenzied excitement more interesting than anything they have to say. It won’t be long before he and his brethren connect multiculturalism with terrorism, chicken flu, and of course, the war in Iraq. If only they knew how predictably boring its become
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 2 August 2005 3:46:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David Flint, great article. I have long been suspicious of the term 'multicultural', and what it really means. Multi Culti does'nt really stand for anything, except some naive idea that if we mix the world peoples there will be no more wars in the future. If the world's people were homogenised into a faceless mass, as our elite would like, wars would still be fought over religion and politics. Good bye multi culti!
Posted by davo, Tuesday, 2 August 2005 4:30:27 PM
Excellent points Professor Flint!

This insidious plague must not just end, it must be reversed, and soon.

Leigh's comments were good, although Islam is bad. As one who has carefully looked into it, I am sick and tired of hearing things in leftwing papers (letters section) about how Mohammad & Jesus preached tolerance. Jesus yes. Mohammad was a man who massacred civilians, took slave girls, took profit from caravan robberies, ordered assassintations, had visions by God telling him to marry friends wives, and daughters, one who was only six! So, no, Islam is wrong.

I'm at the link now David_BOAZ, thanks, this type of info is everywhere but where it should be, the front pages of papers.

Ranier isn't even worth a comment. No he is.Send your daughter to Bankstown high and speak to me in 6 months.....

The sick leftist hippies who dreamed up such multiculti policy need to be exterminated, I sincerly mean that. Multiculturalism has ruined this nation. I grew up in Cabramatta in the 1980's and I can tell you that most Asians there are extremely racist, bigots who would call us Aussies "stupid skips" as they spat at, or violently attacked in groups of twenty, it's outrageous. The left hide the statistics too, it's sickening. Cabramatta is the drug capital of our entire nation, could you imagine what would happen if a group of whites went to another land and inside of twenty years were the source of all their drugs? Their people would be killing us themselves, not the army.

Or Australians in a Muslim nation, saying to them, you guys are all sick, we need to turn you into Christians alright? Pull out the swords as we'd all be beheaded, after the women were given the standard tribal punishment of gang rape.

Yes, the Piss Christ! try it on Muslims and we would have a riot, & mass murder.
Posted by Benjamin, Tuesday, 2 August 2005 5:38:02 PM
Hey Dave, You should at least have the decency to reply to those who have supported you here. A good opportunity to commiserate and empathize - Perhaps you could even invite them around for a chat, drinks and nibbles at your place? They are after all, your kind of people. I’m sure Alan Jones already knows them from his talk back radio shows! Keep it up mate!
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 2 August 2005 6:25:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy