The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hairdresser infidelity > Comments

Hairdresser infidelity : Comments

By Sandra K Eckersley, published 6/7/2005

Sandra K Eckersley examines the relationships we have with our hairdressers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Sounds like you're more than just a bad hair day, Oddy, if you want to personally attack posters and authors with such a smug and sexist opening, expect a swing or two with a perfumed spanner. If I was your barber, I'd be taking a few "highlighted tips" (not frosted - that's just so 90s) from Sweeney Todd.
Posted by Di, Friday, 15 July 2005 7:35:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sexist comments are still allowed,Di. Political correctness has not yet deprived us of the ability to make comments about perceived drivel. Underneath it all, you realise this is female drivel at its best. That is why you react so passionately. Someone has revealed the truth and it gets under your female skin. As for hitting men on the heads with spanners, this is condoned on TV but would be banned if a man did this to a woman.
This is why woman can be conned by gay male hairdressers in New Farm to pay $200 for a haircut when a bloke would refuse to pay any more than $14. It is probably some hard working bloke paying for his missus to go out and spend half his pay packet on such egocentric female extravagance...enough to stop a whole Indian pre-school from going blind from vitamin A deficiency.

The same goes for women's shoes, fashions etc. Women in the west fail to see how appalling wasteful they are while being led by a bunch of gay designers in Paris who say unwearable backless shoes are good for your feet. Now you'd better get off to your next psycho session at the hair dressers, Di.
Posted by Odysseus, Friday, 15 July 2005 9:29:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wouldn’t think of myself as being self-indulgent, but given a choice between a good stylist and a good lover, I know what I prefer.
Posted by Timkins, Saturday, 16 July 2005 1:56:06 PM
Well, Oddity, now women are responsible for third world poverty because they're addressing their hair? what a long bow to draw. I'm sure you're not self indulging in any vanity fair, yourself, as you go to tip the waitress after partaking of your caffe latte (shaken, not stirred,) you just put it back in your pocket and readress it to Oxfam. I'm no Imelda Marcos, but this hairdressing piece originally appeared in SMH Heckler column. Not all posts are meant to be so deep and meaningful that you are to lower your weighty brain cells to it, when the whole world according to you needs be given a good talking to. By the way, sexism is not okay. Not sure what rock you've been living under, but it's a pity someone didn't give it a mullet with a blunt axe.

Timkins, I'm sure you deserve both. May all your loves be good hair days.
Posted by Di, Sunday, 17 July 2005 5:08:13 PM
Yep, Di, I am afraid thy peroxide faire sexe is responsible for Third and Seconf World poverty. If all that money spent on black roots were used for good rather than evil, this world would be a happier place. No more Third World debt, no more AIDS..just happy children with healthy hair and brain dead hair models from Schwartkopft doing slow motion head rotations for full bodied jet black shiny hair that any testosterone-driven male would find desirable to drag off to his cave and have his wicked way with ...for more healthy-haired progeny.
Now I am off to my MENSA group run by my barber who can do cryptic crosswords at the same time as giving me that stylish number one cut. We have so much in common and so much to discuss each time those shears some out....Oh Georghiou, where art thou?
Posted by Odysseus, Sunday, 17 July 2005 8:36:37 PM
Od, I've come to the conclusion you must be bald and your unhealthy relationship with hair and the hapless Georgiou is when he trims your ear and nose hair.
Posted by Di, Monday, 18 July 2005 6:23:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy