The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hairdresser infidelity > Comments

Hairdresser infidelity : Comments

By Sandra K Eckersley, published 6/7/2005

Sandra K Eckersley examines the relationships we have with our hairdressers.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I wonder how hairdressers feel about their regular clients...they cannot just leave the salon, never to return!
Posted by Natsu, Wednesday, 6 July 2005 4:55:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You reckon you’ve got it bad Sandra!

I have a self-appointed hair cutter – a lovely little old man who retired from barbering about 20 years ago. He lives about 50 metres away from my place of business and calls in every day, (sometimes twice, even thrice), for a chat and a coffee.

One day he comes in and tells me that I need a haircut. He says he still cuts the hair of some of his old customers and that I should come down to his house for a free coiffure. He then proceeds to nag and harp for the next few days until he wears me down and off I go. One short, (and I do mean short), back and sides later, I’m back in the office putting up with sniggering, sly looks and smart comments. I went to the mirror and cast a critical eye over the damage – it was worse than I thought.

My hairline started about 2 inches above the tops of my ears. This hairline extended around my head in a straight line. There was virtually no hair beneath this line, and the little bit of turf that remained above was combed with a severe sweep over resulting in a knife-edge left part! I’d had my first “bowl-cut”. It was that bad I went home early to the bosom of my family, only to be told I looked “retarded” and that all I needed was a bib and braces and I’d look like farmer Jeb from the Bible belt.

Not enough space to go into more details. Suffice to say that I copped another two haircuts since then, both almost as bad. I tried the old “no thanks, I’m growing it long” trick, until I looked like something that crawled out of 1975. I’m now the proud owner of a good, old-fashioned number 2 blade crew cut. At least he can’t @%&** that up!

I’ve had to accept my lot in life. I don’t want to hurt his feelings and the silly old bugger won’t die!
Posted by bozzie, Thursday, 7 July 2005 1:16:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So with you Sandra and Bozzie! I had my first hideous haircut just two weeks from going into high school. From a trendy 70s Carol Brady shag to Julie Andrews from HELL in a few cruel snips, with my mum egging her on and offering to sweep the floor. I looked like a boy for the next six months and had several years of hairdresser angst after that. Non! Non, perm again! At the ripe old age of 43 I have a hairdresser that I can trust (and I swear her cuts make me look as close to Angelina Jolie that I'll ever get). And never bitches about the fact that I dye my own hair. That is a salon angel to me. I think I'm over it. But I just HATE it when they pull out the mirror so you can see the back of your head cut. Like, I'm ever gonna see it outside a salon mirror? I think I would know if they'd scalped me if there's a draught! One day, when I have a hairdresser I hate, I'll pull a bloodcurdling shriek out. But I wouldn't do it to Suzi in case she won't cut my hair again. Do they know the power they wield?
Posted by Di, Friday, 8 July 2005 9:17:05 PM
Only a woman could write such drivel. I am in and out in 5 mins, talk about anything of interest with my Greek barber and don't regard a visit to the barber as a social occasion or psychotherapy session.
P.S. I don't wear sunglasses on my head or use a blond rinse. My coffee is not skinny...full Arabica with real milk if I so desire.
Now back to my trireme.
Posted by Odysseus, Tuesday, 12 July 2005 9:59:44 AM
Well, Big Od, i suggest you take another look in that mirror after you take the bag off your head and see that little wobbly bit growing out of the middle of your forehead that your "barber" missed. And tell me it's not drivel or something of a softer, more coiffable substance. Don't come onto this post and declaim this article and our posts as drivel. From your post, you probably can't even tell if your wife's asleep or not. Snip Snip.
Posted by Di, Thursday, 14 July 2005 7:47:10 PM
You sound like you are probably female, Di or is Di a nom de plume to throw us off course...you're really a bloke? It is nice to receive such a passionate response. Long live freedom of the press.. I would tone down the personal attacks, lest you are removed screaming from this site.

I am just off for my grey rinse and perm. Must tell Georgiou my barber about my problem with my last orange streaks on my sideburns and how my mullet is just looking a bit dated...and the problems I am having with my artificial nails...keep cracking when I remove spark plugs with my new wrench...can't get good workmanship these days..and how about my personal problems..my psychiatrist won't spend as much time with me now...says I am cured..now where's my new Juicy Couture handbag..
Posted by Odysseus, Friday, 15 July 2005 8:07:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy