The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anti-Semitism on Radio National > Comments

Anti-Semitism on Radio National : Comments

By David Knoll, published 17/5/2005

David Knoll argues Radio National was airing anti-Semitic views when Jews were commemorating the 60th anniversary of the liberation from death camps.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
What is sad here is that nobody has written anything very intelligent.
Posted by Penekiko, Monday, 23 May 2005 8:32:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So why do you, Penekiko,write here?
Posted by MichaelK., Tuesday, 24 May 2005 12:33:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Because I have delusions of personal well-consideredness and in the hope that someone will write something intelligent and considered at some point. Most of the time while on line I just shut-up, but this issue interests me and while I try to make it simplistic and a-historical like most people here, I know it should be treated better.
Posted by Penekiko, Tuesday, 24 May 2005 9:53:05 PM
Penekiko is right. No one knows how to discuss racism rigorously here and indeed, its an intellectually retarded trait of Australian debate.
Yawn...
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 24 May 2005 10:10:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Waiting for a bossy opinion as usual…..

Well, I have a hint: a meaning of “racism” in Australia is more close to features described with “Nazism” in Europe and the US.
Posted by MichaelK., Wednesday, 25 May 2005 11:24:29 AM
Racism has many forms, or perhaps better described as nepotism and discrimination based on religion or race. Any group, whether they be high profile retailing identities who masquerade as the Messiah of the people by calling for the re-introduction of a money losing customer card, purely to gain support for re-election to a board, where previously he had channeled buyers into his own supplier network undoubtedly populated heavily with his own ethnic/religious lackeys, or whether its the Italian concreter who only used his own race as suppliers, laborers, and other sub contractors. Or whoEVER it may be, its still the same grubby racism in embryonic form.

The main problem with people carrying on this way is that they seem to regard the wider Australian populace as being BOTH blind AND stupid. Well, I for one am not. I see it and note it.
Anyone wondering why his /her race or religion gets singled out for public condemnation need go no further than this type of activity to find out WHY.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 25 May 2005 11:40:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12