The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sex, lies and stereotypes > Comments

Sex, lies and stereotypes : Comments

By Angela Chong, published 13/5/2005

Angela Chong argues a woman’s autonomy must not be compromised by what she chooses to wear.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. 17
  14. All
I'm Too Sexy
(Right Said Fred)

I'm too sexy for my love too sexy for my love
Love's going to leave me

I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts
And I'm too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan
New York and Japan

And I'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
No way I'm disco dancing

I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I do my little turn on the catwalk

I'm too sexy for my car too sexy for my car
Too sexy by far
And I'm too sexy for my hat
Too sexy for my hat what do you think about that

I'm a model you know what I mean
I shake my little touche on the catwalk

I'm too sexy for my too sexy for my too sexy for my

'Cos I'm a model you know what I mean
I shake my little touche on the catwalk

I'm too sexy for my cat too sexy for my cat
Poor pussy poor pussy cat
I'm too sexy for my love too sexy for my love
Love's going to leave me

And I'm too sexy for this song
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 16 May 2005 11:45:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sylvia Else

That was Timkins who posted about "finding out".
Posted by silent minority, Monday, 16 May 2005 11:52:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Formerly dress code was not a religious issue, however the rise of Islamic power in Australia has made it so. Keith
Posted by kthrex, Monday, 16 May 2005 1:49:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To BOAZ-David, one of the truly great minds of the 12th Century (what a shame we don’t have a time machine to send him back there) –

I don’t need the protective relationship of any male anywhere thanks, and I’m sure the same goes for many women. And try to understand this if you can – wearing any sort of clothing, or no clothing, or a sack, or a bikini, or a short skirt, or ANYTHING does NOT equal “Please Rape/ Sexually Assault Me Now”. And please don’t give me that tripe about men not being able to control their urges – they have minds don’t they? Oh and I don’t wear “provocative” clothing, but I reserve the right to do so if I ever want to, without you or anyone else interpreting that as an invitation to rape me. I was violently, forcibly, sexually assaulted at 11 years of age, whilst in the water at the beach, swimming, wearing my bathing suit. According to your logic, I suppose I should have gone swimming in my track suit.
Posted by jane, Monday, 16 May 2005 5:49:59 PM
Well said Jane.
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 16 May 2005 6:55:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aren't some of us forgetting something here, or have I missed something? I was under the impression that RAPE was an act of violence, than a sexual act. At the end of the day, a man who rapes women, will rape a woman,whether she is wearing are wearing a "Brazilian Bikini" or a full suit of armour. Its about having an abusive and degrading power over another person, is it not? Not all men in the presence of a woman dressed "provocatively" (whatever that means), will rape her, harass her or whatever.
Posted by silent minority, Monday, 16 May 2005 7:39:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 15
  12. 16