The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Adoption - a bundle of joy wrapped up in sorrow > Comments

Adoption - a bundle of joy wrapped up in sorrow : Comments

By Trevor Jordan, published 1/3/2005

Trevor Jordan argues Tony Abbott has brought adoption, as an alternative to abortion, to the fore.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
I wasn't going to respond to Timmy's obsessional psychopathology any more, but I really can't let that last one past...

...so I'm a woman masquerading as a man, am I? Thanks for the compliment, mate - but I can I assure you that I am indeed male. It's a bit sad that you can't conceive of a man who actually likes women, and supports women's rights.

For the record, I have 2 wonderful kids who spend about a third of their time living with me, and a beautiful grandson that my eldest (who would probably consider herself as something of a feminist) gave birth to last year. Here's another fact that you probably won't believe: I happily pay child support to the mother of my 2 youngest, who remains one of my closest friends (yes, she's a bit of a feminist too...). My partner is a beautiful woman who would probably regard herself as a feminist of sorts...

I don't think I'm anything of a "stud" - rather, I was providing you with a frank account of the results of three decades of pretty normal (at least among my peers) relationships with women, as they relate to the article under discussion. Unwanted pregnancies happen, even within stable relationships and when contraception is used. I had nothing to do with the adoption - rather, my ex-wife grew up in a strongly Catholic family and of course didn't have a clue about contraception... and as I said, she seems to carry more guilt from that experience than did the women I know who've had abortions.

It's evident from your posts in these forums that you have major problems with women and sex, and for that I truly feel sorry for you - you literally don't know what you're missing out on!

In the short time I've interacted with some of your fellow homophobes and misogynists in these forums, I've been accused of being a gay man and a woman. Next I suppose I'll be an Aboriginal Muslim!

Morgan
Posted by morganzola, Tuesday, 8 March 2005 9:34:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Morganzola,

For some history on your feminism and abortion, read “Feminism and the Family” by Janice Shaw Crouse (ie. a woman) at http://www.beverlylahayeinstitute.org/articledisplay.asp?id=5435&department=BLI&categoryid=commentary

If you do read this article, will you automatically label the female author as being misogynist, homophobic, ignorant etc, as you seem very fond of throwing those words at other people?

However you don’t seem to like it if your name-calling and generalised accusations are turned back towards you. How sad.

YOU HAVE YET to answer the original question that was asked of you, “How can problems relating to unwanted pregnancy and abortion be solved without an inquiry, or by not carrying out more research”?

Your name-calling has continued, but no answers to questions so far. This only confirms that you rely on name calling, so as to avoid answering questions.

If you want to continue your name calling regards myself, I will just have to refer to you as “someone who avoids answering questions, likes name calling and making generalised accusations about other people without supplying any supporting evidence, objects if the same is returned, regards it as being “pretty normal” to get women unintentionally pregnant so that they have to have abortions or adopt out the children, and then likes to have sex with feminists” .

And in this case, you have provided all the evidence yourself. It is all true and much more, and I would not have to make generalised, unsubstantiated, non-specific accusations like you, and so many feminists have done in the past.

Will “morgonzolla” ever answer the original question, or just avoid it, and carry on with name-calling? It can be easily returned.
Posted by Timkins, Tuesday, 8 March 2005 1:48:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To ask a strangers permission?
It's ridiculous how this laws in this country work.
I got together with my wife in 1997 and she had a son from previous relationship, he was 18 month old, know is almost 11 yars old and he loves me to bits and i love him more. we are planing to go overseas for a some time, and we need to ask his biological father's permission. this is ridiculous
the guy had nothing to do with him, he never had. His got his own kids and stuff. i spoke with me wife about me trying to adopt him, but she sad that the biological father will never sign his right away, he will never do that, not cos he love him and stuff, it's just that he has an eager, he wont do it just to be nasty.
This is truly ridiculous. THE LAW SHOULD BE SOMTHING LIKE THIS. ANY PARENT THAT HASEN'T GOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAY KIDS FOR UP TO 2 YEARS SHOULD AUTOMATICLY LOOSE THEY RIGHTS. EXCLUDING SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANTS, LIKE THE PARENT IS IN PRISON OR OVERSISE FOR WORK....etc
But i don't see this happening cos this monkeys in the Parliament have to many books in they head and not enough brains(logic).
LOGIC IS THE POWER AND knowledge IS JUST USEFULL.
SO WHAT CAN I DO? COS I HAVE NO CLUE.YEAH if i had lots of money, i would fight it in the court, but i haven't. live is a bitch and than you have one in the parliament.
Posted by CHIP, Sunday, 5 March 2006 5:36:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy