The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Muzzling the haters doesn't make hate vanish > Comments

Muzzling the haters doesn't make hate vanish : Comments

By Amir Butler, published 31/1/2005

Amir Butler argues that our democracy should not come under threat from a few offensive words.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Grace... I googled Sir Harry .. I see why u might have issues with him.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 5 February 2005 12:51:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz, you have done it again: "you say you are leftish". No I haven't Boaz, this is a deduction you have made from my postings. It might or might not be the case, but it is really immaterial. I will however, intervene and object strenuously whenever you presume to (mis)represent me, be warned.

As for my personal affairs, they will remain personal, with one exception. I am not, never have been, and never will be a christian (or hindu, muslim etc). But then, you already know that don't you?

And yes, I do intend to enjoy some sun with my grandchildren this weekend, if I can find it through the clouds. Such extreme weather events...hope you and yours survived OK in Melbourne with that extraordinary dump of rain last week.
Posted by grace pettigrew, Saturday, 5 February 2005 1:35:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz,
I'd be careful.

In the past Grace has identified herself with feminism, but now she wants to carry out "slashing". They seem to be combined.
Posted by Timkins, Saturday, 5 February 2005 1:58:01 PM
You are right Timithy, I forgot to mention feminism. But that is only because its does not seem unusual to me, as I know it does for you and your friend Seeker. And yes, I do recall now, giving you a bit of a slashing for being a barefaced liar when you alleged, in three separate postings, a 50% gender difference in ALP voting. Have you found that reference yet?
Posted by grace pettigrew, Saturday, 5 February 2005 2:27:09 PM
Hi Grace,
I'd better be careful too, as now you want to start "slashing" me.

I was of course referring to the noted desire by so many feminists to carry out castration of males in some way. This has been universally noted by numerous people as it often floats to the surface in many discussions with feminists. I think you have proven it also.

Sufficient evidence has been provided that male support for the Labor party has declined considerably, and it has been provided for you.

As you now appear to be a potential male castrator, I feel no obligation to provide you with anything more.
Posted by Timkins, Saturday, 5 February 2005 3:01:24 PM
AMAZING....GRACE :) how sweet the sound...

and you did it again.. picked out the ONE thing u can find fault with in my very conciliatory posting. grrr
You were said to be 'leftist' by other posters, and you did not deny it.. so.. surprise, I thought.... ok.. I shouldnt deduce.. just ask.

I always smile when someone so adamanatly says "I will never be a Christian" (or others).. GRACE.. if ever I have heard "famous last words" it is those. I think the likes of Malcolm Muggeridge, C.S.Lewis, and a whole trainload of others have said the same.. only to find themselves confronted by overwhelming truth and and undeniable calling into their hearts and ultimately humbly giving themselves to Christ as Lord and Saviour. The classic example is Paul. I seriously doubt if you have embarked on a genocidal campaign to exterminate Christians (although the mention of slicing does cause me some concern :) as Paul did, I dont think you have reached the pinnacle of learning as he had, nor I suppose would anyone describe you as an "Atheist of atheists" so to speak, as he was called "a Hebrew of the Hebrews". In Pauls case, it was not persuasion, it was not reading a book, it was not some dumb Christian like me "witnessing to him" it was an encounter with the Living resurrected Christ.
For one thing I am glad, in a way, that you are so adamant in your position :) its good to be sure of oneself. But then, I'm reminded of how many testimonies begin with those very words.

I have total faith in a living God, who is able to reach into the life of a Saudi Doctor, take him out of Islam, give him a dream of Jesus passing a Bible to him, and placing in his heart a hunger for truth, at the possible cost of his life, and to have the joy of embarking on a bible study with him of the gospel of Mark by email.
How much more a lovable granny who seems to have a totally wrong idea about Christians and Christ. Did you see my posting about Deborah.

And if me speaking like this is making you hopping mad :) dont worry I've already been punished. I was up at 3.00am digging my heart out along with my missus with mattock and spade and rake trying to open up drains to get rid of the 25mm or so of water flowing under our beds, through our whole 'residence'. I think my body has just today reached equalibrium.
But seriously though, thanx for the genuine expression of concern, I know it was real. Thanx for sharing that your a granny, even that helps a bit to know 'you'.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 5 February 2005 3:42:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy