The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The case for assimilation > Comments

The case for assimilation : Comments

By John Stone, published 19/8/2005

John Stone argues the government must address Australia's growing Muslim problem.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All
Colin & Rainier: Rainier John never mentioned a nursing home or its inmates, nor poofs (your description - not John's) Colin - vilification, that's vilification of a crowd of pagan islamics who call ALL non moslems infidels. Whose koran demands our (all non-moslems) death. These same nutters whose members strap bombs to themselves and kill innocent unwary, unarmed civilians, men-women and children. You will say not all moslems are murderous, craven, gutless killers. Quite right, would you believe that we have a moslem friend who I doubt would strap a bomb to her body. But! how do you differentiate a "moderate" from a stinking, gutless killer? - could either of you 'bleeding hearts?' do so. Yes there are so-called Christian loonies, but as yet they have not become murderers.
Unfortunately John I must agree with what you have written. I also know as a Christian I must love all, and as far as possible I do. I know as a Christian I am to turn the other cheek, but as well I am not to invite craven killers into my home to do so - that would be a stupid act. I would hate to send real moderates 'home' but what else can I do? - PLEASE WHAT ELSE? numbat
Posted by numbat, Friday, 19 August 2005 3:18:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
numbat, get to know and discuss this with more than ten muslims that have an opionon on this. the construction and representation of Muslim and Muslim religion is conveniently simplistic to scare mongering in media coverage. I'm sure you would understand that this is often the same for Christians (and Christian issues) as well.
And by the way, just as many Christians have enacted acts of terrorism.
Posted by Rainier, Friday, 19 August 2005 4:18:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In his first sentence John refers to the "rapidly growing Muslim problem". There is no Muslim problem! There is only a problem with racists who would like to blame some group in society for all perceived "problems". Hitler used this technique to blame the Jews for Germany's "problems" - the answer was the Final Solution.
If there is no Muslim problem, the rest of John's article falls in a heap, where it belongs.
Posted by rossco, Friday, 19 August 2005 6:08:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rossco,get your head out of your fundamentals and take a trip around Western Sydney.You have no idea.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 19 August 2005 6:36:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Happy to discuss ethnically-based crime openly, John - shall we start with the Snowtown murders?
Posted by Jennifer Clarke, Friday, 19 August 2005 7:15:53 PM
Collin Mullane

it seems that the media has done a right good job of hmm shall we say "effecting" (rather than a less circumspect term...) your thinking.

Either that or you have not come to grips with the Biblical Christ.

If you have, then most of what you say of an anti Christian manner is malicious, i.e. You know the truth, but deliberately supress it and present in its place a falsfication.

I can accept criticism of individuals who have supposedly acted in the name of Christ, but who's behavior is clearly errant. But that doesn't change the pure foundation of the Gospel of Christ.

Or... you speak from various anecdotal events, which have no relation to the Christ of history and scripture, and are thus plain without understanding of the scriptural facts.

If its the first one, then I suggest some serious and humble relfection. If it's the 2nd, then please do some reading for yourself .. and discover that One who is above every name. Who is the source of peace which passes understanding.

RANIER
well noted, about 'how' assimilation might occrr.
I have some suggestions.

1/ Education. From a young age, the morality, art, poetry, achievements and history of our early settlement and prevailing culture is inculcated in a range of creative activities. Blemishes and failures are also worthy of study, so as not to repeat the same mistakes.

2/ There can be a range of 'assimiliation' related rewards, replacing all such 'multi-cultural' types.

3/ Universities should be instructed to portray our national character in specific 'prevailing culture terms' just as some presently (though illegally) steal class time which they use to ram left wing agenda's down paying students throats.
4/ The Media should be required to allocate some space for 'assimilation' related coverage on a regular basis.

This is all tip of the iceberg stuff of course...
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 19 August 2005 7:44:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy