The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > They are not ‘peace’ activists > Comments

They are not ‘peace’ activists : Comments

By Graham Young, published 18/9/2024

Only the naïve, which seems to include a number of respected commentators, regard the mobs that gather to 'protest' against war as 'peace activists'. They are in fact 'war by other means activists'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
All true. And our "fifth column" is the Australian Greens Party. Everything they do and say demonstrates that they want to ruin Australia. On the streets, in the Parliament, they demonstrate it non-stop. They are evil.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 8:40:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Exactly Graham. The only weapons those faecal throwing thugs object to are the ones used as defence against genocidal maniacs like Putin and Hamas. They are quite happy when such people can commit mass murder without hindrance.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 10:41:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Community Service for these hobby anarchists !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 3:56:42 PM
America and the UK nearly started a nuclear war last Saturday.
http://www.youtube.com/live/ifEN4Dt1WXs?t=2566
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 18 September 2024 8:34:51 PM
There can be no justification for the murder of 40,000 innocent men, women and children in Gaza. The author with his hard right belief in conspiracy theories, and his support of the American foreign policy of destabilisation and war, simply ignores the mass murder of tens of thousands, and is content to see the world driven towards total destruction.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 19 September 2024 5:03:46 AM
Nearly one and a half million killed and injured in the Russian invasion of Ukraine Paul, but no death is good. Tell me though, would Russia have sent in their army if Ukraine was unarmed? Would Israel have sent its army into Gaza if the Palestinians were unarmed?
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 19 September 2024 7:06:04 AM
There can be no justification for the murder of 40,000 innocent men, women and children in Gaza.
Paul1405,
Fester already answered your question & I just want to address your mentality. It's broken beyond repair.
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 19 September 2024 10:07:07 AM
Hi Fester,

The lesser of two evils, no I can not condone war deaths in Ukraine or anywhere else in the world including Gaza. You ask me to answer hypothetical questions, I suspect you have the answers, but I don't. Would America have dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima if it didn't have an atomic bomb? No, a answerable question.

Indy,

No old fella, I never asked a question, do you see a ? in my post. Fester asked me a couple of hypothetical questions, that no one can answer truthfully. I believe even if my mental capacity was TLA it still would be light years in front of yours yours. You bang on about a Nation Service thought bubble, for young people, but you can't even answer basic questions about it. AND, when I put a few home truths to you, you quickly clam up.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 19 September 2024 4:25:01 PM
Paul1405

The number of deaths and injuries of Gazans in this war is appalling. But they were not murdered. Israel is fighting to reduce the capacity of Hamas to repeat the atrocities of October 2023. It has a right and a duty to do so.

Hamas deliberately uses Gazan civilians as human shields by preventing them from evacuating target areas and hiding its personnel and military facilities among civilians and under civil infrastructure such as schools and hospitals. The suffering of Gazans is one of the strongest propaganda weapons against Israel, and Hamas and its Iranian puppet-masters are more than happy to exploit it. This is what they want.

Hamas is responsible for this horror and Hamas could end it today by freeing the hostages, undertaking to no longer attack Israeli civilians and surrendering those responsible for the October atrocities. These are all things it should do anyway. Then, perhaps, the world could think about ways of building a future in which Palestinians and Israelis can coexist in peace.
Posted by Rhian, Thursday, 19 September 2024 6:33:19 PM
Hi Paul,

Asking hypothetical questions is a good way to understand problems. It is never a waste of time trying to answer them, especially for matters you care about.

I thought that those protestors were against weapons for some people, so is it a waste of time to think about what might happen if some people didn't have weapons? You think of the atomic bomb, but what might have happened if the United States had taken no interest in fighting Nazism or Japanese imperialism?
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 19 September 2024 7:06:31 PM
AND, when I put a few home truths to you, you quickly clam up.
Paul1405,
When didn't I ever reply to any of your nonsensical quips ? I do but you not accepting my replies or you simply not replying sensibly is vastly different to you saying I clam up ! You hardly ever reply you merely come back with evasive ridicule with no actual answer anywhere near the debate.
It's up to you to prove your mentality is still salvageabl
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 19 September 2024 7:21:12 PM
Hi Rhian,

Yes, what you say is the official Israeli line, to justify the murder of 40,000 people. Evidence has been presented that large numbers of Palestinians have been murdered in retaliation for the murder of innocent Israelis. Regimes will try and justify their action with an "official line", much of which is not truthful.

Hi Fester,

You use the cause and effect argument, giving the example of; "what might have happened if the United States had taken no interest in fighting Nazism or Japanese imperialism?" What might have happened if Nazism and Japanese imperialism had not existed in the first place. Flawed human behaviour long before the final event resulted in the rise of evil, which as a consequence resulted in the atomic bombs being dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki To me that is simply a timeline of mistakes, which we as a human society need to work to avoid. I want to see the causes of evil eliminated in the first instance, you want to deal with the reality of what exists.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 20 September 2024 6:02:28 AM
Hi Paul,

"Flawed human behaviour long before the final event resulted in the rise of evil, which as a consequence resulted in the atomic bombs being dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki To me that is simply a timeline of mistakes, which we as a human society need to work to avoid."

Isn't that hypothetical reasoning? The Nazis used such reasoning to justify their horrors on the basis of it being the natural order of things.

"I want to see the causes of evil eliminated in the first instance, you want to deal with the reality of what exists."

I think it better to uphold the principle of equality by treating all human beings equally. I think it better to resolve problems rather than bear grudges. The ethos of Palestinians is one eliminating what they perceive as the cause of evil, namely Israel. That's why they teach their kids to be genocidal, and Albo and Pen Pen help them to that end by donating Australian taxpayer money to UNRWA.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 20 September 2024 6:45:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy