The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > HKOPS: The other two-state solution Biden could endorse > Comments

HKOPS: The other two-state solution Biden could endorse : Comments

By David Singer, published 5/4/2024

President Biden has for the first time suggested his readiness to abandon the failed two-state solution embodied in Security Council Resolution 2334.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
# Maverick

Why have you dodged answering this question:

"#Maverick.
You state: "Do you think Jordan, an Arab country, would give up a sizable part of its territory to solve the problems of other Arab tribes?"

Jordan is not giving up any part of its sizable territory. It would acquire territory - Gaza and part of the West Bank - under HKOPS.

Seems you have not read HKOPS. Am I right in so assuming?"

#Special Delivery
You state: "Just goes to show how true colours will always come to the fore."
Yours certainly have. Enjoy hopping into bed with Gaza's murderers, rapists and hostage-takers. Just make sure you don't become of their victims.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 10 April 2024 4:27:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David

You are vey naughty in not acknowledging my learned argument that:

1. with all the blood, treasure and political capital Israel has expended in invading Gaza

and

2. with the Jewish settlers religious belief in holding the West Bank

and

3. with the added fact that what the settlers want determines the balance of power in Israel's current governing coalition:

there is no way Israel will HKOPS-wise give up (much or any) Gaza or West Bank land until the major October 7 shock is a distant memory.

Comprehendi Amigo?
Posted by Maverick, Wednesday, 10 April 2024 6:36:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And, might I also say David, in your fevered imaginations.

Speaking of mass casualties - the IDF is getting set for its bloody Rafah offensive.

This will hit Hamas and crossfired, bombed out and starved Gaza civilians harder - as they are now crowded against Gaza's southern Wall - with nowhere to escape.

So (reports the Guardian) Penny Wong yesterday said recognition of a Palestinian state is “the only hope to break the endless cycle of violence in the Middle East – and that a two-state solution [not unlike your HKOPS David?] would help ensure Israel’s long-term security while undermining Hamas."

[Mav Comment: I don't agree a two-state solution, which relies on the discredited, ignored, Palestinian Authority and Jordan's intervention, is a serious suggestion in the middle of a Civil War more extreme than any in Israel's history.]

Penny Wong used her speech to the ANU National Security College conference (in Canberra) to again urge Israel to abandon plans for a ground invasion of Rafah and warned of imminent starvation among besieged Palestinians.

[Mav Comment: From the Israelis, I've spoken to, points of view the IDF need to finish the (hoped for) elimination of Hamas. Otherwise a ceasefire will just let Hamas escape/backfill all over Gaza and even through tunnels into Egypt's Sinai territory]

So HKOPS was always difficult, but after October 7 HKOPS doesn't have a hope in hell, this side of 2030.
Posted by Maverick, Wednesday, 10 April 2024 7:29:25 PM
As I write, these very minutes, Jordanian fighter jets are shooting down Iranian drones targeted as Israel.

Israel could have no better friend on its eastern border than Jordan.
Israel should be thankful to Jordan and to God Almighty who placed the good Jordanian people by its side.
Israel must never join this monstrous "HKOPS" ploy against Jordan, that wishes to destroy it from within by infiltrating it with hostile "Palestinians".

Long live Israel and its friend Jordan, may they both survive and may the Iranian people also be freed from their Ayatollah oppressors.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 14 April 2024 9:20:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy