The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > ICJ: blanket media coverage - Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine: Nil > Comments

ICJ: blanket media coverage - Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine: Nil : Comments

By David Singer, published 6/2/2024

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruling on emergency measures requested by South Africa in its genocide case against Israel has rightly received blanket media coverage.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I haven't seen this Hashimite Kingdom of Palestine mentioned by anyone else but Peter Singer. And obviously there is not much interest in it. Can it be all that important? If it is, why is there no interest in it? Mr. Singer is clearly frustrated by the lack of interest. Is it just an obsession of his? It seems to me there are enough people of good will wanting to solve the problem that all worthwhile avenues would have been explored.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 February 2024 9:05:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What ttbn says.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 6 February 2024 10:42:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Ttbn,

There is no "Mr. Singer", nor can robots be frustrated.

As for the said scheme, it must have been set up by people with vengeance toward Jordan, that wish to flood it with hostile "Palestinians" in order to topple good King Abdullah and have Syria take over.

Israel is so lucky to have friendly Jordan on its long eastern border, rather than the other nasties of the Middle East. There is no chance it could ever muster sufficient troops and iron-domes to protect all that long border against Hamas/Hezbollah-like enemies. Sadly Netanyahu and his government are so ungrateful, humiliating Jordan and failing to appreciate how lucky Israel is.

Should that evil scheme go ahead, God forbid, then not only would Jordan collapse, but Israel shall follow it too.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 6 February 2024 11:53:16 AM
Can`t disagree with either YY or ttbn.
Possibly the only people in the world who have heard of this strange HKoP are the author and, perhaps, Netanyahu. Certainly nobody of note.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 6 February 2024 1:00:36 PM
#tbbn

You state: "It seems to me there are enough people of good will wanting to solve the problem that all worthwhile avenues would have been explored"

All worthwhile avenues have indeed been explored but all have come to nought. The Jewish-Arab conflict begun more than 100 years ago still remains unresolved - as the current Gaza-Israel war exemplifies.

The Hashemite Kingdom of Palestine solution (HKOPS) is very similar to a solution I proposed more than 40 years ago - that was dead and buried when it was overtaken by secret negotiations between Israel and the PLO that resulted in the Oslo Accords in 1993.

To see my solution on steroids resurrected in Saudi Arabia in 2022 by an advisor to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman promising outcomes I could not possibly make - has been a real eye opener.

Just imagine - had my solution been successfully implemented 30 years ago - instead of Israel and the PLO going down the path of the Oslo Accords that were supposed to have ended the conflict by 1998 - how many Jews and Arabs would still be alive today, not have to live with horrible injuries and mental issues?

Yes I am frustrated by the lack of interest in HKOPS. I would hope that you and others reading this article can give me your opinion why this plan has not been considered at the United Nations, by President Biden, Prime Minister Albanese or Foreign Minister Wong. I have contacted them all but received no response.

With the region threatening to develop into a huge killing field - their continuing silence is incomprehensible.

I will continue to name and shame them all.

They should all be calling for negotiations to see if HKOPS can be successfully implemented - especially after the events of 7 October 2023. Those negotiations might end up going nowhere - like all previous negotiations conducted to implement a host of other solutions. But at least they will have been attempted and if HKOPS then ends up joining all the other failed solutions - so be it
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 7 February 2024 10:31:02 AM
#ateday

Why do you call HKOPS "strange"?
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 7 February 2024 10:33:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy