The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cancelling the F-word: no more failure > Comments

Cancelling the F-word: no more failure : Comments

By Steven Schwartz, published 5/10/2023

The Australian government wants to obliterate failure from education. Universities could even be fined if students fail.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hi diver dan,
"I have to agree with Israel's Sephardi Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef: Secular Jews have lower intelligence."
- They may have lower intelligence, but they may also have better manners and understanding of respect towards others?

‘Despicable’: US slams spitting on Christians in Jerusalem by Orthodox Jews
http://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/despicable-us-slams-spitting-on-christians-in-jerusalem-by-orthodox-jews/

Sorry, no hard feelings
- I saw the article headline this morning before I read your comment
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 5 October 2023 4:39:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yeah, diver dan
About your 'what is a woman' thing...
I'm not a religious Jew but I know that a woman has:
XX chromosomes, that they ovulate, and shed the lining of their uterus during menstruation and can give birth to new human beings.

I not sure what all this other pro-inclusivity people think a woman is these days;
Scared to offend the LGBTQI...

Give it time and the forum moderator will have to remove this comment due to disinformation;
- If Albo has his way that is
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 5 October 2023 4:50:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No worries AC.

Israel is a cauldron of unhappiness at times. Trust me it’s difficult. I have a family foothold in Southern Lebanon and another foot hold in Tel-Aviv, try that one on for size.
And over on the other thread for the day, poor old Al B has camouflaged his Antisemitism behind the post above, and attempted to push me under the bus! See what I mean!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 5 October 2023 7:54:23 PM
I wonder how long it will be before the bridges start collapsing?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 6 October 2023 1:45:33 AM
Hi diver dan,
"And over on the other thread for the day, poor old Al B has camouflaged his Antisemitism behind the post above, and attempted to push me under the bus! See what I mean!"

- I can see that what Alan B accused you of saying was not at all what you said.

As for Anti-semitism, years back if you recall I was also very critical of Israel, maybe even worse than anyone here, but I tend to stay away from the topic and all the issues related to it nowadays.

If you were to ask me whether my past 'antisemitism' was driven by disdain towards Israeli policies and Jewish religious goals or whether it was driven by defense of the less fortunate Palestinian people,
- I'd probably say it was a little from column A and a little from Column B.

As far as the 'disdain' was concerned, I'd like to think my reasons were never just unwarranted blind hatred, as I felt there was a basis of merit in regards to my criticisms, also it should again be noted that it was never a feeling of disdain towards Jews/Israeli's as the single motivating factor any more than it was partially in defence of those on the other side of the equation, and their right to live peacefully and free also.

Other people may have different reasons, but that's how I would summarise the reasons behind my past criticisms, if it helps to give a little insight.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 7 October 2023 2:39:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy